Photo

xypad. Pursue the movement of the mouse?

xypad movement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1544 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:14

I do not know if I've missed anything...

Is it possible to use the xypad to pursue the movement of the mouse? Only you have to move the mouse, without clicking...

What I wonder is if there is any way to return the X (horizontal) coordinates... or Y (vertical). This would be tremendously useful for advanced GUIs. Any way to achieve it?

:excl: Development of my tools: KangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch  |  GT16-Colors (old)

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler

#2 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1837 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:17

Is it possible to use the xypad to pursue the movement of the mouse? Only you have to move the mouse, without clicking...

No.

What I wonder is if there is any way to return the X (horizontal) coordinates... or Y (vertical). This would be tremendously useful for advanced GUIs. Any way to achieve it?

Maybe (at least over the 'transparent' racks), but I haven't confirmed and refined what I'm thinking about. So for now it's a no.

#3 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1544 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:24

No.

Maybe (at least over the 'transparent' racks), but I haven't confirmed and refined what I'm thinking about. So for now it's a no.

In theory, it would be worth any type of restriction in width and height. That is, it will only return the values of the coordinates if the mouse passes over that area.

I'm thinking that it would even be worth it if there was some way to activate / deactivate it with a button. Thus it is possible to use a notifier to activate "something". I do not know if this would be useful to do some GUI trick.

:excl: Development of my tools: KangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch  |  GT16-Colors (old)

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler