xypad. Pursue the movement of the mouse?

I do not know if I’ve missed anything…

Is it possible to use the xypad to pursue the movement of the mouse?Only you have to move the mouse, without clicking…

What I wonder is if there is any way to return the X (horizontal) coordinates… or Y (vertical). This would be tremendously useful for advanced GUIs.Any way to achieve it?

1 Like

Is it possible to use the xypad to pursue the movement of the mouse?Only you have to move the mouse, without clicking…

No.

What I wonder is if there is any way to return the X (horizontal) coordinates… or Y (vertical). This would be tremendously useful for advanced GUIs.Any way to achieve it?

Maybe (at least over the ‘transparent’ racks), but I haven’t confirmed and refined what I’m thinking about. So for now it’s a no.

No.

Maybe (at least over the ‘transparent’ racks), but I haven’t confirmed and refined what I’m thinking about. So for now it’s a no.

In theory, it would be worth any type of restriction in width and height. That is, it will only return the values of the coordinates if the mouse passes over that area.

I’m thinking that it would even be worth it if there was some way to activate / deactivate it with a button. Thus it is possible to use a notifier to activate “something”.I do not know if this would be useful to do some GUI trick.

For reference… What I was noticing was that some of the Viewbuilder controls tostring/tonumber functions re-render their output when you hovered over them. So I think that you might be able to place a transparent rack to cover them and at least detect when the mouse hits that area (by placing extra stuff within the tostring/tonumber function).

I didn’t confirm how well or if it really worked in all cases, and I can’t see very much practical use to it in a GUI. Have a try :slight_smile: