Start a track with all instruments open

Does anyone else find that inserting new instruments takes time and comes at the worst possible moment?? Its so fiddly…set keyboard focus here…then press insert it a million times and wait for the track to catchup.

I’d love to see an option to open the track with all instruments there. I’m interested to see whether file size or processing power is affected by this.

It could be done with templates - but I think is a useful addition.

midierror

press insert it a million times and wait for the track to catchup.

If you insert a new instrument mid-list, then Renoise has to reorganise all the pattern data and fix the instrument numbers accordingly, so that’s where the delays can creep in on larger projects.

If you always add new instruments to the end of the list, then it should respond pretty much instantly and not delay your workflow.

You can always rearrange things later during a less critical moment if you need to clean up the list.

Thanks for the info! Would it affect processing power or project file size to have the max number set from the off?

Thanks for the info! Would it affect processing power or project file size to have the max number set from the off?

You mean just having a full list of blank instrument slots?

Not sure to be honest. It might delay making a new song by a few moments?

I suppose the best way to find out would be to create a template song set up that way and see how it behaves for you?

will do!