Redux Phrase Prog Change is buggy.

Hi guys I’m using Redux-1.0.2 running on Linux Mint and I have noticed in all DAWS that I have tried so far i.e Renoise, Bitwig and Waveform-9 that the phrase program changes that i set only take effect when the GUI is visible.

thanks and if you need any more info please let me know. I’m unsure if this bug was present in older versions.

It seems that this fellow has a similar problem to what you have mikobuntu? -> https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-1-0-2-linux-not-accepting-program-changes-unless-redux-gui-is/49010Seems like older versions of Redux it works?

Just curious about something (throwing this out to anybody running under Linux): Could you load up Renoise and Redux and click the ? button (above the tool/preferences button) in Redux and select say ‘Show the User Library…’ option. Does it segfault/crash Renoise?

@4Tey I made a post on your mentioned forum post, seems we are having an identical problem.

No segfault for me, are you sure you have a user library in the specified place, I think Renoise and Redux can be funny about libs being moved around or missing files. Maybe run Renoise from the terminal and post anything that it spews out. thanks

I can see from running a test from the terminal that Renoise runs a bash script to find the files. You can see from my output below that it tries the common file browsers in series and the files it is looking for :-

Executing ‘/bin/sh -c xdg-open ‘/home/miko/Renoise/User Library/’ || thunar ‘/home/miko/Renoise/User Library/’ || nautilus ‘/home/miko/Renoise/User Library/’ || konqueror ‘/home/miko/Renoise/User Library/’ || rox ‘/home/miko/Renoise/User Library/’’

No segfault for me, are you sure you have a user library in the specified place, I think Renoise and Redux can be funny about libs being moved around or missing files. Maybe run Renoise from the terminal and post anything that it spews out. thanks

Okay mikobuntu, thanks for just confirming this for me. I don’t own Redux (this is the demo version 1.0.1, and btw I think your program changes do work with the GUI closed as GG says), I just happened to click on the ‘Show quickstart pdf option…’, Redux seems to fork a command line ‘xdg-open’ (as you’ve shown above), of a preferred PDF reader, that part does work, it launches fine. But also in my case it seg faults Renoise/Redux (instant quit so Renoise/Redux has no chance of writing anything to their log files.) Not really important miko as I don’t use Redux myself (tbh I was just curious.) Probably just a strange timing thing here :slight_smile: