I tried to use a doofer for this but the A/B buttons are tiny and the GUIs of plugins won`t stay open on A/Bing. So here is a tool for the job.:
Shortcut: AB FX
menu: Tools: Ledger`s Scripts: AB FX
menu: Device Lane: AB FX
- [Toggle All FX] button toggles all the fx in the track at once
- [Bypass] button bypasses both popup selected fx at once
- [Sel +1] button sets the selections in the popups to the selected device in renoise and the next device.
- S to select the device in the track
- Ed. to open its external editor if it has one
- Choose the two fx you want to AB from the popups
- A/B them with the large buttons
ledger.scripts.AbFx_V0.38.xrnx 7.31KB 0 downloads
-Bypass button now works as a toggle rather than always off, priority given to both devices off, first
--When changing tracks the default popup values will be the selected device and the next one if possible. This is the same behaviior as when starting the tool for first time.
--more gui updating bug fixes
-fixed bug when device was deleted at end of track and tool would not update properly
-improved [Sel +1] button. Flashes green momentarily when successfully used, also disables when (in renoise) the mixer device, or last-device-in-chain is selected.
v0.31 ,0.32, 0.33
--fixed bug where buttons were disabled on track change when there were devices present
--added: [Sel +1] button which sets the selection in the popups to the selected track device and the next track device
--added numbering in the popups in the form 1) 2) 3)... to note devices postion in the track
Edited by Ledger, 19 September 2018 - 00:49.