Midi routing

Hello

I just cant understand how to route different midi channels to different tracks, is this possible? I am routing from Ableton via loopMidi and in the Midi tab I can select port and assigned track, but when I select another port for another track the previous one disappears. When I look at routing overview I assume that this is possible, but how?

This might help:https://forum.renoise.com/t/how-to-split-your-midi-keyboard-in-renoise/43006

which links tohttp://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/MIDI

“You can assign individual MIDI input devices to an instrument or even several different instruments. You can also specify the MIDI channel and note range which the instrument is activated by, as well as assign it to be played on a particular track within Renoise. These options are particularly useful when performing live.”

this doesn’t help. i read it before. i achieved what i needed with Split into separate tracks tool. but thanks for trying to help, very kind of you.

this doesn’t help. i read it before. i achieved what i needed with Split into separate tracks tool. but thanks for trying to help, very kind of you.

Interesting. I was able to do it without any tool

I created 2 instruments and set them up (in the MIDI tab) to listen on specific channels, and to stay assigned to specific tracks:

midi-1.PNG

and

midi-2.PNG

I programmed my MPK mini so that the pads were channel 2 and the keyboard was channel 1.

When I record my playing I get this:

midi-recorded.PNG

Was this not the goal?

Doesn’t matter; it made me curious how to actually do this, which is useful in itself : )

Something I learned, too: first load an actual instrument, then set up the midi handling.

Loading an instrument clears any midi set up for that instrument slot.

now it works! i didn’t understand that i have to change instruments. now i understand how it works, thank you again!

now it works! i didn’t understand that i have to change instruments. now i understand how it works, thank you again!

My pleasure. I was curious about this, and it had been floating around in the back of my mind for a while as something to try, but I never did.

Your post got me motivated to figure it out and now there’s something new to play with.