• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 neinMC

neinMC

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:54

Since I make and improve things in a rather random fashion (for me it's more like puttering in the garden than serially making finished products) this will always be a mixture of crappy and more polished things.. so I figured I might as well post it now.

(The lyrics are in the description on the individual song pages on Soundcloud)

Oh, but by "stuff not being finished" I don't mean to say that criticism isn't welcome, to the contrary :)

• Raegae, fladd and Zer0 Fly like this

#2 Raegae

Raegae

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 20:33

i like it ; D

#3 neinMC

neinMC

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:59

I normally don't write or rap in English (I don't even speak it, I just read, write and listen), but listening to KRS-One talking crap in defense of Afrika Bambaata disgusted me so much, I made an exception. The lyrics and a link to a transcript of a KRS-One interview are on the soundcloud page, audio clip sources to follow later today.

This is the very first version, and I intend to redo it, I know this isn't great... but I don't intend to stress out about it, either. Even if I could do it well enough, and I can't -- it would feel weird to use this particular issue as some way to "show off", if you know what I mean. I'm however perfectly fine being a nobody dissing a famous person, and whatever motives people might read into that. I say things because I want to say them, always. Nothing more, nothing less.

I like the last two audio clips a lot however, that's the "payload" as far as I'm concerned. If just one person is encouraged to speak up by this, or just one person is encouraged to not put people down who speak up about their experiences, that's more than enough. Make it ten, and I'll be proud.

i like it ; D

Thanks!

Edited by neinMC, 14 September 2018 - 12:27.

#4 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 16 September 2018 - 19:11

I really dig your lyrics...very good topics and views, made for the ones who wish to stay free & not partake in business...immer genau auf den Nerv der Dinge. Aber bleib mal am mic auf deutsch, englisch wirkt bei dir sehr schlaksig durch den Akzent und die deutsche Färbung des Satzbaus...

#5 neinMC

neinMC

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:09

I really dig your lyrics...very good topics and views, made for the ones who wish to stay free & not partake in business...immer genau auf den Nerv der Dinge. Aber bleib mal am mic auf deutsch, englisch wirkt bei dir sehr schlaksig durch den Akzent und die deutsche Färbung des Satzbaus...

And I agree about rapping in English, apart from it sounding awkward, it's also no fun to do at all. But I honestly got pissed off when I first hear KRS-One talk about "untouchable leaders" and then in another interview how "hip-hop should question everything", and before I knew it I had so many speech samples... so I just wrote something to be able to use them. Now I don't want to take it back, so I'll make another attempt at it every now and then just to lessen the cringe. But it's just a one-off thing really.

#6 vitaminx

vitaminx

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 13:57

Hi, very nice tracks! Love your flow.

I prefer you rapping in German though :)

• neinMC likes this

#7 Robodub

Robodub

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:55

liked it! 

• neinMC likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rap, hip hop