• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 d.infinity

d.infinity

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 00:21

How does one insert an external audio file to a track? Years ago I knew how to do this; today I do not.

Thank you.

#2 Neurogami

Neurogami

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, technology

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:05

Load it as an instrument.    You can drag the audio file right to the instrument slot from your file manager.  Or just drag and drop onto renoise and it will load into the currently selected instrument slot.  

• TheBellows and d.infinity like this

#3 d.infinity

d.infinity

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:36

Load it as an instrument.    You can drag the audio file right to the instrument slot from your file manager.  Or just drag and drop onto renoise and it will load into the currently selected instrument slot.  

Thank you. How does one play the instrument in the track? Pardon the simplicity of my questions; it's all a bit complicated.

Respectfully & thanks.

#4 Neurogami

Neurogami

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, technology

Posted 23 September 2018 - 23:26

Thank you. How does one play the instrument in the track? Pardon the simplicity of my questions; it's all a bit complicated.

Respectfully & thanks.

Select the instrument over on the right.    Go back to the track where you want to use that instrument.  Press ESC to go into record/edit mode.   Press some keys (z,s,x,d,c, etc.) to enter notes.  The notes entered will be associated with the currently selectively instrument..

http://tutorials.ren...d_Editing_Notes

• TheBellows likes this

#5 GlowNote

GlowNote

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 19:02

Select the instrument over on the right.    Go back to the track where you want to use that instrument.  Press ESC to go into record/edit mode.   Press some keys (z,s,x,d,c, etc.) to enter notes.  The notes entered will be associated with the currently selectively instrument..

http://tutorials.ren...d_Editing_Notes

Assuming you want to play the clip straight, you probably want a C-4 note. So set the octave to 4 (dropdown at the top, or use / and * on numeric keypad), go into edit mode (escape) and hit Z to enter  a C-4.