Photo

How to Install MDA Plugins on Arch Linux?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GlowNote

GlowNote

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:55

So ARCH has the MDA plugins in AUR - but they are an LV2 version, which I understand won't work with renoise. (AUR is a kind of repo that builds things from source.)

I can download the original MDA windows DLLs - but that seems like the wrong path. Is it?

I downloaded the MDA source, and tried building it, but hit snags. Specifically it looks for paths inside the Steinberg VST SDK which aren't there - maybe have changed over time. Maybe I need an older version of the VST SDK for that.

Can I get MDA linux binaries that are not LV2?

#2 4Tey

4Tey

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:51

Maybe a quick possibility? -> https://osdn.net/pro...a-vst/releases/ scroll down to the zip file 'mda-vst-bin-linux-64-2008-09-23.zip'.  Not sure if that will help any.

Edited by 4Tey, 23 September 2018 - 09:53.

#3 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Music (metal, speedcore), Audio, Programming

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:35

So ARCH has the MDA plugins in AUR - but they are an LV2 version, which I understand won't work with renoise. (AUR is a kind of repo that builds things from source.)

I can download the original MDA windows DLLs - but that seems like the wrong path. Is it?

I downloaded the MDA source, and tried building it, but hit snags. Specifically it looks for paths inside the Steinberg VST SDK which aren't there - maybe have changed over time. Maybe I need an older version of the VST SDK for that.

Can I get MDA linux binaries that are not LV2?

Imo the best way (im using it that way) is to use carla rack vst and put mda lv2 plugins there.

#4 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:47

the "kxstudio" repository for debian/ubuntu has mda compiled as vst, maybe you can grab the binaries package somewhere

#5 GlowNote

GlowNote

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:09

Thank you everyone for the help! 4Tey, I downloaded the MDA plugins you pointed to - keeping them as a backup plan. 29A - I tried the carla rack - works great so far. Pleasant surprise, since I thought LV2 could not be used inside Renoise.