How to Install MDA Plugins on Arch Linux?

So ARCH has the MDA plugins in AUR - but they are an LV2 version, which I understand won’t work with renoise. (AUR is a kind of repo that builds things from source.)

I can download the original MDA windows DLLs - but that seems like the wrong path. Is it?

I downloaded the MDA source, and tried building it, but hit snags. Specifically it looks for paths inside the Steinberg VST SDK which aren’t there - maybe have changed over time. Maybe I need an older version of the VST SDK for that.

Can I get MDA linux binaries that are not LV2?

Maybe a quick possibility? -> https://osdn.net/projects/sfnet_mda-vst/releases/ scroll down to the zip file ‘mda-vst-bin-linux-64-2008-09-23.zip’. Not sure if that will help any.

So ARCH has the MDA plugins in AUR - but they are an LV2 version, which I understand won’t work with renoise. (AUR is a kind of repo that builds things from source.)

I can download the original MDA windows DLLs - but that seems like the wrong path. Is it?

I downloaded the MDA source, and tried building it, but hit snags. Specifically it looks for paths inside the Steinberg VST SDK which aren’t there - maybe have changed over time. Maybe I need an older version of the VST SDK for that.

Can I get MDA linux binaries that are not LV2?

Imo the best way (im using it that way) is to use carla rack vst and put mda lv2 plugins there.

the “kxstudio” repository for debian/ubuntu has mda compiled as vst, maybe you can grab the binaries package somewhere

Thank you everyone for the help! 4Tey, I downloaded the MDA plugins you pointed to - keeping them as a backup plan. 29A - I tried the carla rack - works great so far. Pleasant surprise, since I thought LV2 could not be used inside Renoise.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.