• 586 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:33

Candy floss.

Ingredients
•800g sugar
•240ml corn syrup
•240ml water
•¼tsp salt
•1 tsp raspberry extract (or any flavor you like)
•2 drops pink (or any color) food coloring (optional)
You will also need:
•A 'decapitated’ whisk

1. Cover 8 cardboard paper-towel tubes with parchment. Set aside. With a damp pastry brush, wipe down the sides of the pan to prevent stray sugar crystals from forming.

2. In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Stir until the sugar is melted.

3.Clip on a candy thermometer, stop stirring, and heat to 320°F (160°C). Pour the molten liquid into a shallow heatproof container. Add the extract and food coloring (if using) and stir well.

4. Line your work table with parchment. I also spread parchment on the floor around the table to catch any stray bits of flying sugar.

5. Dip your decapitated whisk into the sugar syrup and hold it over the pot to let the sugar drip back into container for a second. Holding the whisk a foot (30 cm) above the parchment, swing the whisk back and forth so that thin strands of sugar fall on the paper. Repeat this a few more times until you have a nice nest of spun sugar.
  • ffx and Fosterr Gump like this
House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#52 Redman

Redman

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:5.2% per annum

Posted 16 October 2018 - 16:10

mms7ep.jpg

• Fosterr Gump likes this

#53 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:18

Pumpkin soup does not taste salty at all, or at least, should not.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#54 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 17 October 2018 - 13:54

Check Backstage 

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:
:drummer:

Edited by gentleclockdivider, 17 October 2018 - 14:11.

• Conner_Bw and Fosterr Gump like this

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#55 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • 3518 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:11

Hallo taktik, kannst Du bitte ein aktuelles Statement abgeben, was denn jetzt bei Euch so los ist oder auch nicht? Danke.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#56 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1575 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:03

Check Backstage 

No, it's best to visit the "Check for Updates..." web page: http://www.renoise.c...on=311&regged=1

This is available in Renoise: Help / Check for Updates... Here you can check if there are new news, that is, the current state. For some reason it seems that there is a bug under the hood of Renoise that makes this website do not work. Could someone explain why?

:excl: Development of my tools: Piano Roll EditorKangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler

#57 Fosterr Gump

Fosterr Gump

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:43

Fosterr does not understand everything said in here. But maybe Fosterr can also add and help you kids out: Once on an old Graveyard there was some kids playing in the sun. For them it was not a Graveyard but more like a Playground. They did not see what it really was, so the kids just continued with their games and playing and cheering each other up. As it became later in the hours and the sun was setting, some of the kids starting asking about when the Parents would arrive to pick them up. Some of them got worried while other was just like they are coming soon to pick us up, no worries. It became darker and darker and in the night the place started to become creepy and the kids got angry crying for the parents to come and pick them up. But nobody come. The night got endless and some of the kids made small groups discussing what happened and when they finally picked up while others just gave up on even thinking about this. But nobody coming to pick them up. They got angry and started doing evil things to each others, blaming each others and picking on each others because nobody cam to pick them up. But nobody came to pick them up! They at the end all died and was very angry, this all happened in the 1930s and there are stories around that the kids are still playing on that Graveyard doing creepy evil things and STILL waiting for their Parents to finally come and pick them up. BUT NOBODY EVER CAME TO PICK THEM UP. This was a Movie Fosterr once saw and also which reminded me of whats going on in here. So please dont get mad at Fosterr.
  • Conner_Bw and gentleclockdivider like this
My name is Fosterr Gump. People call me Fosterr Gump.

#58 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 3518 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 13:11

Somebody needs to turn the light off, shut down this forum. Good night.

• radian, Psynapsex and Fosterr Gump like this

#59 Paul Buck

Paul Buck

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 19:18

They stopped making my favorite Volvo 25 years ago, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying forums dedicated to it.😒

We're not ready for the crusher yet.
74e382e44fb98b350b6015de99cf6971.jpg?137

#60 4Tey

4Tey

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 20:07

Cheer up ffx (it's not that bad...well actually it is..but..) tiny ditty.  I like pattern 2 :)

Ditty.xrns

• ffx likes this

#61 Fosterr Gump

Fosterr Gump

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 20:13

PLEASE PEOPLE LISTEN TO WHAT FOSTERR HAS TO TELL YOU: The people in my house, they restrict my online connection. Fosterr cann only go here and soundcloud. They do bad things like rearranging the satellites so everyone confused and all thing stop working. Like the Tube Site they have talked about, then they just put that off for a few hours, so everyone using it getting mad and then they laughing like little kkids. What they did also is this FROG the one posted in here too. Fosterr saw that pepe kek frog on their machines. The programmed it to confuse people and do magic with that frog. Fosterr watched them doing evil things and having bad intentions for other. Dont trust the FROG it is an evil thing! Trust Fosterr I know the truth about it! THE FROG KEK IS EVIL AND HURTS YOU! Fosterr VIDEO:
My name is Fosterr Gump. People call me Fosterr Gump.

#62 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 20:34

i guess what pisses people off its not hearing it  from the man himself or any official post from the other devs

"we are not doing anything" (updated) not the old post from 3 years that people keep quoting 

just saying

yeah there are cool people here supportive and nice persons other not so much 

good luck 

• Gavin Graham likes this

#63 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 3518 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 23:30

Cheer up ffx (it's not that bad...well actually it is..but..) tiny ditty.  I like pattern 2 :)
Ditty.xrns

Nice goodbye ditty, I love pattern 1 and messed it up tiny bit storm in a teacup.xrns

• 4Tey likes this

#64 4Tey

4Tey

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:11

Quite good isn't it ffx?  You have a foundation groove and people who are willing to give up their time to think about either music and/or computer programming and share what they do.  Can be refreshing (certainly to this forum.)  But of course it is very hard work.  Which is a shame.  You've got to be able to accept other peoples ideas when doing collaboration.  For example, in your 'Storm in a teacup' addition you've put some menacing harder piano stabs half way through (patterns 5,6,7,8).  I personally wouldn't, I tend to prefer it with a muted piano at that point.  The art is to be able to have a 'constructive argument' i.e. a discussion and keep diplomacy with what you are doing.  That's a major key to it ffx.  Once you find people who operate on that similar wavelength, you can actually start to work with that person/people and (hopefully) produce quite a good sound.  Not easy though.  Anyway take care ffx (good idea on pattern 9 btw).

• ffx likes this

#65 oneunkind

oneunkind

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:the next space age

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:04

bah... one of the guy that made renoise will make another someday

• Psynapsex likes this

sounds but not music

#66 LofiMat

LofiMat

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:45

meanwhile in berlin ;)

149772-3x2-galerie.jpg?5CC6B

#67 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 3518 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:59

Diplomacy and being able to make compromises, too, yes. Lot of people nowadays are very quickly insulted and not open minded, only following their habits, not being open for change (sometimes I guess that goes for me, too). Let's see if I can add anything useful composition wise...

EDIT: Kind of refrain idea? ditty2.xrns Tried some arp A47 and so on, but so far didn't fit in. Is it possible to do two notes only with arp command? A40 maybe with ticks per line 3

Edited by ffx, 21 October 2018 - 19:48.

• 4Tey likes this

#68 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

• Normal Members
  • 2876 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:23

i guess what pisses people off its not hearing it  from the man himself or any official post from the other devs

"we are not doing anything" (updated) not the old post from 3 years that people keep quoting 

just saying

yeah there are cool people here supportive and nice persons other not so much 

good luck 

No , what pisses most people of is that the main man isn't posting on a daily / weekly basis  .
Me thinks he's  got other priorities   :)

Edited by gentleclockdivider, 21 October 2018 - 12:23.

• Gavin Graham likes this

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#69 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 14:01

Why not get your own hands dirty?

https://www.youtube....CeHW8ocwSwl2jnu

#70 neopan

neopan

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 15:47

i personally don't care renoise not being developped right now or any more, but taktik bathing in radio silence is maybe not the most constructive move towards selling software, even if only 1 license/month

(in an age where software devs are usually quite transparent about future plans)

and these kind of threads evolving in meme-fest is getting old and tiring.. cmon guys most of us renoise users are already threenagers

my 2ct

No , what pisses most people of is that the main man isn't posting on a daily / weekly basis  .
Me thinks he's  got other priorities   :)

Edited by neopan, 21 October 2018 - 15:48.

• herodotas likes this

#71 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

• Normal Members
  • 2876 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 16:26

Why not get your own hands dirty?

https://www.youtube....CeHW8ocwSwl2jnu

Maybe because renoise doesn't use the juce framework ?

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#72 Psynapsex

Psynapsex

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Synthesis, Electronics, & Finance (Equity Research Analysis Intern)

I'm a big fan of Venetian Snares, Psykovsky, Richard Devine, and The Advent.

I've been using Reaktor 5 since 2008, and love the thought of a real analog modular synth.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 22:13

@m.arthur I think it's funny
Y'all know they got Cubase out now right?

#73 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:28

Maybe because renoise doesn't use the juce framework ?

Why would you use the same framework as Renoise? It's not even open.

#74 pandabot

pandabot

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 14:57

https://github.com/monocasual/giada is a good starting point for a new tracker

#75 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 16:47

The juce framework is pretty slow, see Tracktion. Taktik is a real old school hardcore programmer capable of programming a gui near to the iron I guess. Those guys are dying out it seems.