[fixed 3.2] Compatibility with new MacOS (Mojave)

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that current Renoise version is compatible with latest MacOS version (10.14, Mojave)?

Regards,

Adam

AU doesn’t work since 10.13 in Renoise. So I assume that it will be still the case in 10.14.

AU doesn’t work since 10.13 in Renoise. So I assume that it will be still the case in 10.14.

Thanks. Could you please specify what is the problem with AU? They don’t work at all or this applies only to specific plugins?

A lot of AUs won’t load presets from songs saved in 10.12 or earlier, because Renoise cannot detect vendors ids anymore in Audiounits, so it all will turn to 0. So if you save the preset then in 10.13, it will load again correctly, but not anymore under 10.12 or before (the way it is saved under 10.13 is wrong).

I also now read the Steinberg published a warning not to update.

Also 32 bit support is removed, I do not know if that means if that the plugin-bit-bridge will not work anymore then… Only the Renoise team could answer this. Or you test this for me :)EDIT: I now read that 32 bit still exists, only a warning will appear.

This is interesting, toohttps://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-14-mojave-compatibility/

Thank you very much!

Adam, can you please check for me under macOS 10.14 if

• 32 bit plugins in 64bit Renoise still work/load? e.g. TAL-Reverb2

• If you load a song saved pre-10.13, let’s say a song using ambience AU and custom settings in it, is the preset destroyed / set to default preset after loading?

Thanks

Sorry ffx, I cannot do this since I decided not to ugrade to 10.14, at least now.

Regards,

Adam

Adam, can you please check for me under macOS 10.14 if

• 32 bit plugins in 64bit Renoise still work/load? e.g. TAL-Reverb2

• If you load a song saved pre-10.13, let’s say a song using ambience AU and custom settings in it, is the preset destroyed / set to default preset after loading?

Thanks

Heya ffx,

I’m on Mojave. 32bit plugins still work and load. I even tried TAL-Reverb2, so that’s a non issue atm. But the next version of macOS is apparently going to deprecate all support of 32 bit executables which really infuriates me. Half my Steam game library on macOS is 32bit and I doubt the devs will update most of them.

Anyway, as for plugins saving parameters without saving the patch/preset, then reloading your song, it depends on the VST/AU. It seems to load Aalto, Sunrizer, Poison-202, Enzyme, and some others just fine. But all my U-He plugins (Hive, Repro 1/5) always load back into init, even if I did save the patch as a preset. Another curious observation I’ve discovered are all the tracks I made pre-Sierra load any patch/preset information saved in Renoise songs loads just fine. It’s any of the tracks I made after Sierra to current (Mojave) do not load parameters or saved patches. It’s really stunting my work right now (Renoise is my main/only DAW) T_T.

todkon thank you for that info. For your UHe problems: Do you use the audiounit versions?

todkon thank you for that info. For your UHe problems: Do you use the audiounit versions?

Ohhh, so man, right before I checked back to see your reply, I tried saving a song with the VST version of U-He Repro-5 and it loaded the (unsaved) parameters and patch just fine! But the issue where it doesn’t work is with the AU. I’m a little happier now knowing that I can finally start trying to mix/master some of my tracks.

I don’t know… sometimes Renoise crashes when trying to load VST/AU instruments/effect, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Either way, I’m getting fed up with the expensive non-user trusting computers anyway so I’ll probably switch to a Windows PC as my next computer (which should be soon according to the way my Mac is acting up these days.)

Yeah. MacOS is really trying to be like iOS. But man, the interface is so sexy. As long as i can still use BetterTouchTool, Karabiner, TotalSpaces2, Stats Menu, and some other QOL improvements on MacOS; I’ll probably stick with it. But man, Enzyme and Helm Crash like crazy. At least helm is open source. But Humanoid SoundSystems is folding and stated they won’t be updating Enzyme. The rest of my plugins are pretty stable.

Works fine for me.

I’m on iMac late 2015, mojave is NOT compatible with latest Renoise build. loads, yes, plays audio yes but BUGGIN on graphics, the sequencer docent follow. if you have a small window, like mad small it will work but anything bigger will truck up the interface.

I am fully updated on both fronts and Renoise works fine… for the most part.

My waves plugins don’t show up (they didn’t before, though) and sometimes I get a “plugin failed to initialize” error which resolves itself in 10-20 minutes, but ONLY for Replika XT. Also poking around in preferences can occasionally invoke a crash.

I doubt these issues are related to the updated OS. My graphics are great and the scaling is great too.

I also couldn’t replicate the AU preset loading troubles thatffx reported. Maybe we could try collecting a bit more info here to find out what exactly breaks this (or not).

I also couldn’t replicate the AU preset loading troubles thatffx reported. Maybe we could try collecting a bit more info here to find out what exactly breaks this (or not).

Hi, I wrote here some more details about what happens on my High Sierra systems (updated my signature). So far I never tried Mojave.

A post was merged into an existing topic: OSX 10.13: AU settings won’t be saved/loaded?

How did you get the scrolling to work OK? Mine is super clunky and unusable.

I remember having that issue, I think you change your repeat rate under keys, but if this doesn’t work get back to me.