#1 Ozego

Ozego

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, Dub, Rare Grooves, Library Music

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:59

When I use VSTs I use the CX command a lot. But lately I've gone back to using renoise native instruments, and here CX cuts the sample rather than send Note Off. Is there away to have really short notes with renoise instruments without killing the tail?

Maybe with phrases? I've never used this feature...

Edited by Ozego, 28 September 2018 - 08:00.

#2 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:06

Use OFF with delay column value?

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#3 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:46

No, it is an architecture problem of Renoise. You can increase the pattern resolution.

Btw. I really love how some synths behave when you note-off after some ticks with the CX commands, it can generate very interesting sounds.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#4 joule

joule

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:00

Using phrases would be possible. Create a phrase with C-4 and note-off. Increase LPB of phrase. Trigger from the main pattern with 0Z01 (for phrase 01) whenever needed.

#5 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6968 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:19

Using phrases would be possible. Create a phrase with C-4 and note-off. Increase LPB of phrase. Trigger from the main pattern with 0Z01 (for phrase 01) whenever needed.

+1 It's a workaround, but indeed would do the job. 

Having a dedicated command was also suggested by BitArts a while back:

http://forum.renoise...pattern-command

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#6 joule

joule

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 18:11

Having a dedicated command was also suggested by BitArts a while back:

http://forum.renoise...pattern-command

I was first having a go at QCx (x = tick) as a pattern effect. It would be quite 'consistent' with current pattern effects. Q normally is delay, but has a wide range that's unused. It makes sense to me, unless you want to bring in a completely new dedicated effect number.

For reference, when importing xm modules, Kxx should be remapped to such a note-off effect :)