Analog Heat / Overbridge with Renoise

I have the analog heat here and when I use it as an effect inside Renoise it usually crashes renoise, but if I use it as a soundcard out for renoise, it kind of works, but it sounds all bit crushed, buffer-overide. Has anyone had any luck making this thing work with Renoise?

The analog heat is a pain in the ass. I own it and I’m considering selling it. I don’t know what people think about Elektron, to me they haven’t done a good job there. Drivers and software for the heat are shit. If they didn’t crash, it could be a weet machine; but when it fucks up as it does… it is useless. If anyone is interested, I’m giving it away in original box, for 450euro. if interested anyobody, I will send anywhere. blazin.cent@gmail.com Nick

I have the analog heat here and when I use it as an effect inside Renoise it usually crashes renoise, but if I use it as a soundcard out for renoise, it kind of works, but it sounds all bit crushed, buffer-overide. Has anyone had any luck making this thing work with Renoise?

I’ve noticed that even using my Keys as a soundcard, I get worse performance than a dedicated soundcard. Hopefully you have played around with buffer sizes already. The best option is to use heat as an in-place effect, instead of as a soundcard itself. Best leaving the DAC work to a heftier sound interface. If I use my Focusrite as primary soundcard, no issues at all.

Edit: Also see last paragraph of my post regarding audio throughput (For you as well, are you on the new beta drivers with software, or official release versions?)

The analog heat is a pain in the ass. I own it and I’m considering selling it. I don’t know what people think about Elektron, to me they haven’t done a good job there. Drivers and software for the heat are shit. If they didn’t crash, it could be a weet machine; but when it fucks up as it does… it is useless. If anyone is interested, I’m giving it away in original box, for 450euro. if interested anyobody, I will send anywhere. blazin.cent@gmail.com Nick

Why not wait until OB2.0 is finalized? Are you running the beta firmware/software or 1.0 release builds?

I haven’t heard much of Heat’s giving trouble in scenario’s that don’t use Overbridge. As a OB Beta tester here, I can say that OB2.0 is well on its way, there has been a lot of movement on the development as of lately. I haven’t had much of a problem with OB1 personally, but OB2 already seems quite a bit more stable. Do you have the same crashes in supported DAW’s?

Also, make sure you are not using a USB hub, if you are, make sure it is a multiTT hub, and hopefully powered.

On another note, Renoise is also very limiting as to how it handles OB, since it can not take (audio and midi, input and output) from/to a vst itself, it limits the likes of A4/Keys etc using audio throughput. Kind of sucks but that’s a renoise thing. Im sure this will also be a limitation of Heat on Overbridge, and why people are using heat as the dedicated soundcard. Most likely why Renoise is not listed on their compatibility list.

Edit: Only way I can remember getting around the audio routing bit, even after checking my template, was rewire with Ableton as master.

1 Like

I have no interest in using it as a soundcard I just want to use it as an in-place effect but I cant seem to get this to work unfortunately.