• 1273 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 29 September 2018 - 23:26

File Name: Ktrk - Keytracked Effects Doofers

File Submitter: Zer0 Fly

File Submitted: 29 Sep 2018

File Category: Doofers

License: CC0, Public Domain

These are some Doofers containing keytracked effects/filters.

Accurate frequency tuning is applied, so the filter's resonances are always spot on. You can set a transpose, and bend and detune the filters fluently. This is not like just plugging a keytracker into a filter cutoff, there are formulas in between translating the keytracker note into a frequency perfect tuned filter cutoff.

You can configure the action in the formula device's visible code window with some parameters. Transpose and bend range in semitones, detune range in semitones, and a harmonic value (frequency multiplier) where 1.0 will be the fundamental, 2.0 the 2nd harmonic (octave), 3.0 is the 3rd harmonic, 0.5 the subharmonic, etc.

Ofc. you will have to configure the effect yourself, i.e. add another doofer dial for the resonance, choose the filter model in the chorus/flanger doofers, etc. Some formulas are relevant for other effects than supplied, i.e. the analog filter module can also control modulation filters via an inst macro device or the chorus filter decimator, the chorus fltcomb (chorus comb filter module) will also tune the ringmod, etc. I might add a table at some time for reference.

There are some unique "Comb" filter modules for the Chorus, Flanger and Multitap Delay effects achieved by tuning (abusing...) those device's delay sliders.

To install, download the file, and drag & drop it onto a renoise window. The library will then install 14 presets for the "doofer" device.

Click here to download this file

Edited by Zer0 Fly, 30 September 2018 - 00:40.

• TheBellows, Guest_ffx_*, triple zero and 2 others like this

#2 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2580 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:58

Sounds good, sounds similar to what i mentioned yesterday, are you copying me? :P
Will check it out soon, hoping it's not doing the same, but i guess not because mine are only based around EQs.

#3 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7008 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:59

Ohh, the Flanger Filter doofer: add a bit of drive and modulate the bend/tune macros - sounds great on leads!!

+ bonus points for packaging as .xrnl, very handy  :)

• TheBellows and Guest_ffx_* like this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#4 Guest_ffx_*

Guest_ffx_*

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:18

You could minimize the devices not needed for control and move it to the right... A pity you cannot overwrite a library's preset.

Inertia could be added only to the bend knob, so notes do not play with inertia, but bend changes, controlled by a "inertia" knob.

Edited by ffx, 30 September 2018 - 11:22.

#5 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 30 September 2018 - 17:51

I kept the doofers expanded, because you most probably will like to edit the formula parameters and set up the filter type/reso first, before using these beasts.

Maybe I will think about a version 1.2 with more doofer types (per filter type), more conveniently set up doofer controls, like reso/feedback, and maybe cutoff offset. So you just need to slam the thing into track/fx lane and don't have to fiddle so much about with the parameter. Feel free to post suggestions, I will try to consider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keytracked filters, tuned