Considering purchasing full version

Hi
I have been trying out the demo version of renoise for a few days and have to say its amazing. I started on trackers back in the early 90s using OctaMed and this tracker has all the amazing features you could only dream of back then. In the mid 90s I moved over to Cubase as I have a lot of external synhesizers and still use it which I have Cubase pro 9.5. Making a track sound great in cubase is a pain at times and have really had to learn my craft at mixing and mastering. I make a lot of house music and getting all the punchyness and having loud mix so you dont have a muddy mix is days of carving eq and balancing which take a lot of fun out of composing. Cubase has always had a clunky interface tho since version 9 they have redesigned the workflow. After trying renoise I was pleasantly surprised by how quick you can get straight into the music. The main thing is how awesome my mix sounded in renoise. I love that I can use my waves vst plugins in it too. I recreated a song I had done in cubase and it sounds way better. I know people say you cant hear the difference with daw sound engines but there is definitely something going on. I used all the same sounds from cubase and the same vsts and the mix sounded so much more cleaner and punchy from the outset. When you first start composing in cubase everyhing sounds so muddy, in Renoise its just clear and then you just have to do a few eq tweaks to get everything to sit in the mix right. Where has this tracker been all my life haha. I am definitely going to purchase the full version. I do have a question. I have a 32 channel digital mixer which is hui/mackie compatible so is it possible to use this standard in Renoise as a control surface? If so is there a definition template config for it. I was also concerned about proper time stretching capabilities which is more of a thing for daws but I found a work around for that by using the beat sync function in the sampler then using waves excellent soundshifter plugin to correct the pitch. Anyway I am so happy I have found this tracker and is on my shopping list.

I have a 32 channel digital mixer which is hui/mackie compatible so is it possible to use this standard in Renoise as a control surface?

I understand that Renoise is compatible with MIDI input and output, but not with HUI Mackie.It is probably possible to create a specific XRNX tool that interprets the HUI instructions, so that they act like the MIDI input. I have no idea about this. I seem to remember that I read in a forum that HUI can use sysex instructions, and would translate them through the LUA code. All this sounds a bit complicated; it involves using a hardware with a different connection interface and perhaps a bridge tool that only an expert programmer would do, and would need to know the specific hardware well.

It would be good if you could provide a link that shows broad information about your hardware with HUI. Maybe some expert can help you better.

Regarding acquiring Renoise, this is a very good audio software for the price stipulated. You will not find a DAW so complete and expandable at that price.Try the demo, and if it convinces you…

I understand that Renoise is compatible with MIDI input and output, but not with HUI Mackie.It is probably possible to create a specific XRNX tool that interprets the HUI instructions, so that they act like the MIDI input. I have no idea about this. I seem to remember that I read in a forum that HUI can use sysex instructions, and would translate them through the LUA code. All this sounds a bit complicated; it involves using a hardware with a different connection interface and perhaps a bridge tool that only an expert programmer would do, and would need to know the specific hardware well.

It would be good if you could provide a link that shows broad information about your hardware with HUI. Maybe some expert can help you better.

Regarding acquiring Renoise, this is a very good audio software for the price stipulated. You will not find a DAW so complete and expandable at that price.Try the demo, and if it convinces you…

Hi thanks for the reply. My mixer isnt just hui or mackie exclusive it is just compatible with that i.e in Cubass I can just select that option from the midi controller menu. It can also work in native midi as well. The mixer has motorised faders that send midi messages so Im womdering if the mixer in renoise would accept these messages if a config is created or does it have a midi learn funtion so you can assign that to a specific function etc.

or does it have a midi learn funtion so you can assign that to a specific function etc.

yep, press ctrl+m to bring up the midi learn dialog.

yep, press ctrl+m to bring up the midi learn dialog.

thanks will have a look at that. Just purchased full version now. Was looking at the XNRS stuff as well. Such a great modular design with all the extra customisations you can get for it.