3 replies to this topic

#1 redhoot

redhoot

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 18:40

Hi,

I tried searching, but all other posts that are somewhat in line with my issue are years old. Not sure if there's been any improvements. 

The GUI lags significantly on OSX Mojave on a brand new 2018 MB Pro, no plugins all native stuff only, I'm guessing its 8-14 FPS. Which makes it quite nasty to work with. 

Is this still a known issue ? If so, any workarounds ?

rh

#2 jasonwuest

jasonwuest

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 23:30

Maybe try this recnt thread:
http://forum.renoise...w-macos-mojave/

#3 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:07

What a pity, Apple ruined it once again. Not helpful for you, but maybe for others:  Stay where you are, best is to stay at Sierra, if you want working audiounits, and stay High Sierra, if you don't want low fps. Until there is any sign of life from the devs.

redhoot: The only idea I have is that you try low resolution mode, you can set it in the Renoise.app properties.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#4 redhoot

redhoot

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 13:16

@ffx , thanks. Launching in low resolution solved my issue! 

Hopefully we can get native retina support in the future.

Edited by redhoot, 05 November 2018 - 13:16.

• petervh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, fps, Renoise, laggy, stutter