4 replies to this topic

#1 more weevil

more weevil

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 20:26

Hello,

I recently got the urge to get back into some form of music creation and creativity. I'm new to Renoise but enjoyed OctaMED on the Amiga, as a kid, and messed around with OpenMPT (?) some time around 2002. The tracker format is familiar to me, but the VST amalgamation gave me a bit of a thrashing, to begin with. I'm currently wrangling my way and have come across a problem in Renoise that I don't know how to solve... if it indeed can be solved.

I'm messing around with a VST plugin called SubDuer, by Majken Hoglund. I've tweaked a bassline to where I like, but I require automation of a filter knob. The problem is, when I add "Instr. Automation" the filter I want to control doesn't show up. I've clicked the little arrow to expand the options all the way to the end, but no luck finding the one thing I want to control. At this point in my understanding of Renoise and VST's, I think the obstacle could be anything. I'm trying to understand further on my own, but I feel like half a day fiddling might have been a waste if the answer is simple.

I could record every little "wark" that I require, cut them up and drop them in as samples, but that seems to defeat the purpose and would end up in a massive .wav list. I do feel I'm missing some simple information, so here I am.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Regards

#2 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 09 November 2018 - 21:39

Maybe this tool can help you?

https://www.renoise....getpluginparams

• more weevil likes this

#3 Achenar

Achenar

Big Masta Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 21:40

Each of the parameters shown in the Instrument Automation device is actually a drop down menu. If you click on one then a list of all available parameters will open up, allowing you to select and use the VST's three Filter options.

• more weevil likes this

dh.pngsoundcloud.pngyt.pngfb.pngtw.png

#4 Guest_ffx_*

Guest_ffx_*

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:35

Use this tool: http://renoise.com/t...mation-recorder

Invoke the tool's shortcut for "setup automation device". Now move the wanted control in the VST's GUI. It will auto-setup the automation device. If it doesn't setup a control, the control is not automatable.

• more weevil likes this

#5 more weevil

more weevil

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 13:01

Zer0 Fly, ffx: Thanks for the suggestions. guys. Those tools look like they may come in very handy in the future.

Each of the parameters shown in the Instrument Automation device is actually a drop down menu.

I am shocked by my own stupidity. How did I even miss this?  :smashed:  Thanks, Achenar.