Help to make a song

Hello,

I am interested to know How I should do to make a song like this video in Renoise?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQonZBrETeI

I undetstand that the BPM are 155, the LPB are 24 and the patters are 160 but I do not know how space the sounds and combine the beats.

Thanks.

Renoise has a demo song named “Daed - Bears” that is very similar to this.

I undetstand that the BPM are 155, the LPB are 24 and the patters are 160 but I do not know how space the sounds and combine the beats.

If you do not understand, try to break down your sentence, its abbreviations:

• BPM = Beats Per Minute.Every 60 seconds 155 beats will be played.
  • LPB = Lines Per Beat.It is the number of lines that will be played for each beat.This acts as a “divider”.For each beat, 24 lines will be reproduced.

Thanks to these two values there is a relation between the duration of the line and the duration of a beat. 155 x 24 = 3.720 lines per minute.

Simplify the example:

• BPM = 60
  • LPM = 1
  • Pattern= 60 lines

This configuration means that each line will last 1 second. This patternlasts 1 minute exactly.

• BPM = 60
  • LPM = 4
  • Pattern= 60 lines

This pattern last 1/4 minutes exactly (15 seconds).

• BPM = 64
  • LPM = 1
  • Pattern= 64 lines

This pattern last 1 minute exactly.

• BPM = 64
  • LPM = 4
  • Patterns (x4) = 64 lines

Here 4 patterns will last 1 minute.

You can adjust the duration of the samples by playing the song very slowly (use the ear), and then accelerate it by changing the BPM and LPB values. Everything will remain “embedded”, but it will play faster.I guess the thing is to keep a compass at high speed.

This can be confusing because we usually use the unit of time in “seconds” as a guide, when in music we must be guided by the blows or beats.In summary, the result is to get more lines keeping a compass.

1 Like

Thanks!.