AUTO_RELOAD_DEBUG issues and Duplex

It’s it correct that only saving main.lua triggers a reload of the Duplex tool, or should an edit in one of the controller map xml files be able to trigger the same reload event?

I’m editing in an external editor just to be clear.

It’s it correct that only saving main.lua triggers a reload of the Duplex tool, or should an edit in one of the controller map xml files be able to trigger the same reload event?

If auto_reload_debug is configured to invoke the tool, yes.

That is, if you modify any linked LUA or XML file, when you save that file, auto_reload_debug will be invoked.

As well, auto_reload_debug can be in any linked lua file.

Thanks Raul

That as you specify, doesn’t work for me. Could it be because the required files are linked at runtime in a loop in Duplex.lua, therefore it can’t respond to changes as it is not referenced properly? Doesn’t make sense given that the all the files are loaded.

As well, auto_reload_debug can be in any linked lua file.

assume that putting it in an xml mapping file WON’T work here? :wink:

Do you get the same behaviour as I describe?

I guess you have scripting dev/terminal enabled? Then you can always reload tools from the Tool menu.

And AFAIKauto_reload_debug only tracks changes to main lua. At least, on my win box this is the case.

edit: It seems that with the native scripting editor, any file that is changed within the tools folder structure will trigger the reload function (Windows 10).

edit: It seems that with the native scripting editor, any file that is changed within the tools folder structure will trigger the reload function (Windows 10).

Yep I’ve noticed this too. Ext editor only tracks changes to main.lua

Gracias raul

Que como tú especifiques, no me funciona. ¿Podría ser porque los archivos necesarios están vinculados en tiempo de ejecución en un bucle en Duplex.lua, por lo tanto, no puede responder a los cambios ya que no se hace referencia correctamente? No tiene sentido dado que todos los archivos están cargados.

asuma que ponerlo en un archivo de mapeo xml NO FUNCIONARÁ aquí? :wink:

¿Tienes el mismo comportamiento que describo?

I do not know what happens with Duplex. When I refer to any LUA file and any XML “linked”, I mean any linked file within the tool, for example, preferences.xml, inside the tool folder (not a Renoise xml) or any LUA file linked with “require” from any lua file that ends up linked to main.lua. It is possible to make a chain of LUA files using “require” in each of them, and auto_reload_debug would be executed even if it is at the end of the chain. (in the last linked file).All this using the native editor, inside Windows 10.

If the tool modifies data from the xml file, the tool must be reloaded to read this data from the xml file. While the tool is running, the xml files are not modified, only when the tool is closed (when you close Renoise). Could this be related?

edición: parece que con el editor de scripts nativo, cualquier archivo que se modifique dentro de la estructura de carpetas de herramientas activará la función de recarga (Windows 10).

True, tested in Windows 10 and native editor