2 replies to this topic

#1 Tumulte

Tumulte

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 23:00

Hi,

I try to use the touchOSC and I can tell you it's the best device one can use to control renoise efficiently (especially now you can find an ipad for the price of a midi hardware)

YET, there are some frustrating stuffs I'd like to improve… but I can't wrap my head around Duplex (and I'm supposed to be a programmer.

Here is the current layout

touchosc_ipad_config.png

Here is the improved layout :

touchosc_ipad_config.jpg

Some priority modifications :

- Removing all the right column…which is reserved to some very specific usage

- Add a solo row… 

- Add a post level, post pan shortcut for each track

- Get some place by showing few less device parameters (or maybe side by side)

Some very cool stuffs… might be hard tho

- add track and effects names (even it it's just the first 8 letters) 

- add a page with all levels and pan (not shown)

- add a piano page

So… yeah… I'm willing to do all that, but I just manage to break duplex. Would someone want to help me make this new stuff ?

#2 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7008 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:12

I guess you already wrapped your head around how configurations and mappings and applications interact with each other.

Note that the mappings were added on a "need to have" basis, they're basically all being put to use in one or more of the bundled configurations. So much of this is a question of tweaking or extending applications in order to expose additional mappings -

take the track names, for instance. You'd have to obtain these from somewhere - e.g. the Mixer application or by creating a new application from scratch ... both approaches could be a valuable experience in Duplex hacking. 

The piano, well, you'd just have to make room for it somehow :-) I decided to go with a compact, all-in-one layout for this particular layout but as the "iPhone" layout demonstrates you can have multiple pages in TouchOSC. 

Happy hacking! And I'd be happy to help a bit out from the sideline, of course. 

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#3 Tumulte

Tumulte

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:21

Good news, I've finally got to understand that thing and make it work. Got a mixer and solos.

Indeed, there's no built-in functions for naming… I'd love to fine a way to make this work some day !