Raina - No Remorse (within Limits)

Just added it to the songs section. Here’s the link: raina - No Remorse (Within Limits). Check it out and tell me what you think. Made with Renoise v1.5. Free VSTi’s appear in order: B. Serrano D303, E-Phonic Drumatic 3, mda JX10, Muon Tau Bassline Mk1, Synth1 and reFX Claw.

The track was made for Bitparty 2005 Instrumental Music Compo. I have no idea how it did there, except that it didn’t win. (Only the winners have been announced so far.) In case you’re interested, all the compo entries can be found here. Infinity by m1ch0 was the winner.

very cool. i love the “shuffle” in the hihats. it reminds me of some songs from Tyrian (old pc game) which brings back good memories :)

Really nice tune!

Damn fine retrostuff!! Good simple melody (simple rules), sweet bassline, head-nodding rythm. Like it!

Only wish you started off a little more subtle, the synth works well in the tune, but comes off a bit strong in the start in my ears. Hm, maybe decrease the amount of release and delay in the start?

Good synth sounds for this style of tune,

like the effect used at the end, (what did you use for this btw ? B) )

Good synth stabs @ 1:00

Find the harmony a tad repetitive after a while a bit more variation here might be good IMO.

Good number of elements overall to keep the interest though,

keep it up!

That’s the second time today somebody asked that :). If you’re referring to the ringmod thingy, well that was achieved (simply enough) by gently tweaking the Freq knob on the D-303 synth itself. I just sought the knob’s first harmonizing position (after zero) and set a curve between it and zero.

Like 'em too :)

Thanks for all the encouraging feedback everybody! Next time maybe something a little different…

Cheers, just dlled that synth to check it out.

very good hat-mixing!

I like very much, very good overall sound.
Only 3 min? a bit short, isn´t?

• Klez

It’s a pop song! :)
Actually “Within Limits” = within compo limits. I didn’t get confirmation how exactly the organizers would treat the track on the 3 minute mark (fade/cut/disqualify(!)/???) so I decided to play it safe. (It’s actually 3 minutes by a millisecond. :P) And you’re not missing anything, there are no parts left out nor is there a “final full length” version. To fit the song in the time limit I only faded it a bit sooner and raised the BPM from 145 to 150.

So, to answer your question: Yes, it is a bit short but I’m happy with it as it is. The higher BPM makes it sound tighter too, me thinks.

This sound is awesome mate.

One of the Best tunes i heard this year, and because of the winner of the comp:

You said:

I heard this tune also, and it was CRAP !