Unfinished Work - Suggestions?

this one is called 06-29-05-dub, for obvious reasons. i have to finish it by tomorrow night to meet my quota of 1 serious song every month for a year… so… anyone got any suggestions that i can read while i am at work tomorrow?
what can i do on production to make it better? i only spent 2 hours on it so far so i am probably going to spend about 3-5 more hours tomorrow night. i know it needs a lot more work on a melody and harmony, right now half the middle section with the “guitar” was just me improv’ing on the keyboard

link to the file:
06-29-05-dub

The last part before it goes back sounds promising. Maybe you could expand on that.
Also for the first part, to me it sounds like the bassline could go from that low C that ends the phrase down to the A#, which could be an entry into some type of interplay.
What about vocals? ;)

I would do something different with your flamenco part, it misses some spicy effect as well… out of inspiration?

It’s never good to have yourself urged or pushed into certain artistic activity unless someone else provides you the pack of samples and the challenge.%0

yeah, the last part is supposed to be the “chorus”, of sorts. it will definitely be more prominent in the final work. as for the C down to the A#, i’m not sure what you mean… i tried placing that there but it doesn’t sound right… sounds more natural with a regular A there. i might mess with that

i know, that part wasn’t even supposed to sound flamenco, it just ended up like that. it was basically me just playing it all on the keyboard in 1 take as filler to demonstrate that there would be some kind of melody line here. it’s definitely getting more work

as for forcing myself – i have historically had a problem with motivation. i swear if i didn’t push myself into doing music i would NEVER do any. there was probably a period from around 2001-2002 where i only wrote maybe 2 or 3 songs. right now i have set the 1 song a month goal for myself in order to try to figure out how to harness my internal motivation… that way in a couple of years, after i have more production practice, when i am ready to write my REAL music, i will know how to take hold of that creative energy, and i won’t be wasting any time saying “how do i get motivated?”

I have massive ideas, but not always the energy to produce it… but i rather spent two three months on one good song than producing 12 songs a year of which only 3 or 4 songs, sound a little interesting.

Motivation usually also comes along with tensed emotions.
If you need that, then go and get yourself into trouble… Or go to you local hospital’s intensive care department and get involved. This would produce enough motivation.

Getting in love is easier, also pick someone who will never fall for you in that case, you will slice two heads in one cut:
Good emotions and bad emotions.

well i’m currently in the most emotionally difficult situation of my life right now, so it’s no wonder that i’m so motivated!

also you can’t really measure the amount of time you spent working on a song in months can you? because what’s more important is the number of hours you put into it. like i could spend 1 month writing a song, working on it once a week for 2 hours at a time, that would be 4x2 = 8 hours. or spend 2 months working once a week for 1 hour at a time… what’s the difference?

also part of my whole experiment here is… i don’t really care if these songs i am getting out are not the best, i know they’re not. but another part of my problem has been that i am WAY overly critical of myself, and it used to be that whenever i would try to write music, i would snub out all my ideas before i even tried them, because i would say “that’s not gonna sound good”… and i would end up getting all critical and depressed and then give up on my song completely, before i even TRIED. so my point now is that i am forcing myself to finish songs even if they’re not 100% amazing, that way later i know how to gauge to myself, “do i need to be critical about this part or not?”.

but my last song that i wrote last month in one 5 hour session is probably one of my favourite songs that i’ve written ever, so i know that i am getting better and that “forcing” myself is helping me at least :)

For some it works, for some it doesn’t.

I personally don’t want to release bad stuff unless i do not tend to improve it anymore.
In that case i label the work as badly mastered or mixed.

The label “Badly structured” is something i left behind me. No artist should be limited or teached how he/she should put up his or her songstructure.
It’s actually limitation of development and innovation.

well it didn’t work for me last night, i sat down and i tried, but i wasn’t really able to get motivated to finish this song… partially because i was very sleepy. so i guess i will have some more time to work on it now :)

No sex… is a pretty good thing for most activities you want to be good at.
Testosteron doesn’t only improve your sexual stamina.