Asia Epic

http://www.trepain.com/mp3s/harmony/1.Robe…Asia%20Epic.mp3

This is my short version. Sounds maybe suitable for a soundtrack?

Making this song its own thread so it doesnt get lost in the messages of Violent Composure.

link is dead here.

i’m with ledger. ;(

i’m with keith!

i had that same problem with one of my urls’ the other day, it replaced part of it with some “…”'s anyway, i think the correct link is:

http://www.trepain.com/mp3s/harmony/1.Robe…Asia%20Epic.mp3

(he emailed it to me the other day) … i haven’t gotten around to listening to it yet but i will today & review

Sorry about that.

I have updated the link.

pretty minimal stuff.
talking about soundtracks… this reminds me of some horror b-movie’s from the late 80’ies. “bad taste” anybody?! (meant as a compliment ;))
c-64 alike bassline + verb’ed drums are cool and kinda compliment each other in their own retro-style way.
i’m not too sure about the piano. it’s plain, static (always same velocity?) and too simple for my likings, although it might’ve been done intentional that way (guess so huh?).
the piano gets worse around the three minute mark - please don’t do that theme-switch… ;) kinda ruins the overall impression/atmosphere imho.

dunno if this is meant to be finished or not, but if it ain’t, i’d recommend skipping the 2nd theme, pick up a better sounding piano, maybe add some spice to it, work with velocities (->humanize it) and maybe a less abrupt ending would be nice.

I have seen my share of 80s B movies, but listening to this song didn’t conjure up those types of memories for me personally.

Maybe I am a bit bias though?

The piano is very simple. No chords, just as basic as it gets. I wanted it to follow in the same vein as the drums.

I think if I were to complicate the piano I would have to change the drums. That was my reasoning.

I am making use of your suggestion concerning the piano and velocity. Making it sound a bit more realistic.

It’s not finished. Yes the ending is terrible and needs work. It will be a bit more subtle.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the 2nd theme. It has grown on me. Other times I listen to it and it’s god-awful.

I will play around a bit those particular blocks and see what I come up with.

Thank you for the useful suggestions Keith!

It’s very much appreciated. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Thanks again,

I have seen my share of 80s B movies, but listening to this song didn’t conjure up those types of memories for me personally.

Maybe I am a bit bias though?

The piano is very simple. No chords, just as basic as it gets. I wanted it to follow in the same vein as the drums.

I think if I were to complicate the piano I would have to change the drums. That was my reasoning.

I am making use of your suggestion concerning the piano and velocity. Making it sound a bit more realistic.

It’s not finished. Yes the ending is terrible and needs work. It will be a bit more subtle.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the 2nd theme. It has grown on me. Other times I listen to it and it’s god-awful.

I will play around a bit those particular blocks and see what I come up with.

Thank you for the useful suggestions Keith!

It’s very much appreciated. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Thanks again,

links are dead

Link updated. Thank you