Flicflac - Flac2wav / Wav2flac Single-exe Converter

FlicFlac v0.36

Hello everybody,

I coded a small utility to convert FLAC, WAV, MP3 and OGG to any of the other formats.
I know there are many, but I wanted to have a single-exe, simple GUI with no installer. So, here goes.

Highlights:

• Pressing the Select button will let you choose files (multiple files are allowed) or you can drop files or folders on any of the buttons to immediately convert.
  • Optional shell integration (converting through the context menu).
  • No installation needed.
  • Converting files of mixed formats is allowed (e.g. FLAC and WAV to MP3 with one operation).
  • MP3 and OGG ID3 tag is written (artist configurable in INI, all the rest automatic)
  • MP3 quality end encoding mode is configurable (default CBR-192kbps)
  • OGG quality is configurable (default 5 out of 10)

Download FlicFlac
(AutoHotkey source is also available).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLIC_(file_format)

… just thought you might want to know… as to avoid potential confusion ;)

So my pretentious name backfired? :o)
Its just a small utility for me and my Renoise/AutoHotkey friends who appreciate single-exe tiny utils. So I am not too concerned, since I do not expect massive audience.

But thanks for pointing that out (you choose any three letters and you will probably hit some file extension right?)

cheers!

mlon

Thanks mate.
Just updated to 0.11 - previous version did not handle filenames with spaces properly… yes, very shameful of me - I am still in the 8.3 filename convention… life were easy back then. :)

EDIT: I just noticed I got a new rectangle thingy. I think “yippee” is in order… :)

thanx for this icarus,this will be usefull for sure

I dont own a mac, sorry. Isnt there a mac developer here? This is a 20 minutes work to port this to mac.

Glad to hear. Maybe I should add MP3 support for completeness? Wanna keep it simple though.

Yes! That would be great. Please add this.

Ok, let me do some digging to see if I can find a GNU converter that supports all three formats.
Maybe we will get more file formats “at the same price”.

Very cool little app! Cheers

nicely done.
suggestion: should be able to drag & drop the wav/flac file onto the app.

Thats easy, thanks, will be implemented.
I am such a keyboard user, that I sometimes forget the mouse exists.

Three magic words:Code in Java

Two magic words: Java Sucks.

BTW, which scripting languages are supported out of the box on Mac?

Version 0.12 is up

• Added : Support for WAV2MP3 conversion, using LAME.
  • Added : Support for dragging files on the buttons (thanks patto).
  • Added : INI file - to remember last folder, last window coordinates and to set MP3 quality and artist ID3 tag.
  • Changed: Status text to marquee progress.
  • Changed: We will no longer erase the converters executables from the windows temporary folder, in order to allow a faster load time.

Can you also set the CBR and VBR in the ini file?

Still not implemented (will be soon) - a drag and drop of complete folders.

excellent smithers!

even better:)

mlon

nice!! B)

Version 0.13 is up:

• Fixed : Dragging over non-button control was still attempting to convert. No damage was done, since we did not know which conversion to do, but the regex code was inaccurate.
  • Added : Check for correct windows coordinates on startup (was done only on shutdown by mistake).
  • Added : The state of the two checkboxes is now also remembered in the INI.
  • Added : Drag and drop support for folders.
  • Changed: Some internal code changes.
  • Changed: Hot character for the buttons to be consistent (now all are set to the target format).