What For Is The "renoise Midi-In" Device, Again?

What for is it again? It’s to get MIDI data from scripted tools?

Easy way to get your post count up, huh?
What device are you talking about. :)

? You can choose it in the MIDI preferences as input device.

I daresay it is for recording from a Midi keyboard. If you don’t like entering your songs by the PC keyboard, you can also “play” them on a Midi keyboard and have renoise record the notes. However, you need to specify which Midi keyboard (device) you want to record from.

Hm, I need more than 4 input device slots then…

Hey Jurek, what are you trying to achieve?

If you need to switch between sounds, each MIDI port can respond to a different channel. Most keyboard offer a hardware channel switch somewhere?

Maybe this explain some things

+1

To use more than 4 midi-in devices. With Launchpad, 2xNanokontrol, x-session all slots are gone for me. But I also need to control at least one midi-in of my midi-i/o, to play in Renoise via Midi-Keyboard/Synth, and one to control Renoise with another Midi-Controller.

Please see the picture.
3286 too_less_midi_in.png

[quote=“Cie, post:8, topic:36150”]
+1

To use more than 4 midi-in devices. With Launchpad, 2xNanokontrol, x-session all slots are gone for me. But I also need to control at least one midi-in of my midi-i/o, to play in Renoise via Midi-Keyboard/Synth, and one to control Renoise with another Midi-Controller.

Please see the picture.
3286 too_less_midi_in.png

If you have one of your midi devices to control your instruments and you don’t mind setting configuring this device directly to the instrument, you might want to try the MMC tool
It does make it a little bit easier to auto attach your device to the current selected instrument without the hassle of having to plug it over manually in the midi in properties of the instrument all the time and it frees up one midi input slot in your midi preferences.