Sample offset modulation and crossfade mixing of a loop

At first i want to thank you for the great work you did and for making my christmas mood multiple times greater.

I had some suggestions that i was working on, on the basis of older renoise version and i now can see this would be too obsolete to show, but according to new sampler and instrument editor, it has the right direction to include this feature as well as almost all of suggestions i wanted you already included.

So there is things i really would like to see in renoise, i hope renoise developers could add, few more features for future release.

A crossfader for sample loop and possibility to modulate its loop points or the whole loop section, at any given rate and any given lfo shape…

This would add a great feature to make granular synthesis to a sampler from short or any length sample (i use similar principle on ableton sampler) if developers could contact me i would gladly show using ableton example what i expect from this feature.

Just imagine you put 3 sec of a choir sample, but when looped you can hear where are the loop seam, instead you just modulate a short portion of the loop points in time in those 3 seconds range and you get seamless sound that has a character of the choir but without the choppy feeling of loop…

Loop points should have modulation of loop point positions, crossfade and length of crossfade…

I have not quite finished version of diagram of this principle, but its not too different than in other software samplers…

Thank you for your attention, i hope some one will like this idea too…

Those features could be added to new system already, as the new interface is very comfortable for that, as example lfo for sample offsets could be set in effects chain, but you just have to activate the posibility to modulate some of the sample parameters. LOOP POINT START/ LOOP POINT END/ LOOP SECTION POSITION/ CROSSFADE LENGHT/…

Sorry if my english is too messy…
renoise3_feature

This is a really cool idea. You know what this makes me think would be even more flexible, is a way to modulate effect command values, maybe using some special value for, say, a variable, in the effect column in the phrase editor.

Basicaly what it will be capable of, i had shown in little tutorial, and these NEEDED features will help to avoid such tedious process…

here is the frustrating method that could be eliminated just by simple feature Granular synthesis in Renoise on Vimeo

NOticed some features removed from sample editor like “setting loop points” and “loop fine editor”, so don’t you thing it is time to move to suggested features?

vote for sample loop crosfade and loop movement modulation…

what do you mean loop points are removed from sample editor?

You misssread what i had written…

I mean loop fine EDITOR is missing, at least i cant find 3 buttons that was in 2.8 version “Set a new loop start” “Set a new loop end” and “open the loop fine editor”

This is a cool idea, many would love this