please bring back scissor icon in sample editor

Oy, seems so trivial, but find this pretty irritating so here’s the official request :wink:

- please bring back scissor icon in sample editor -

Like loop point finetuner, copy/paste & mixpaste icons this handy mouse shortcut is gone :( , I hope it can come back.

I often do multi-sample touch ups in the sample editor, for example cutting away lil bits before a drumhit transient, zooming in with the mouse scroll wheel and making edits. I have my right hand on the mouse to make selections and use the left hand on the computer keyboard to trigger the different samples.

With the scissor icon gone I either need to right mouse click cut on a selection to have it deleted, which is fiddly and often messes up the selection, or have to use the ctrl+x keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+x isn’t a big deal when you’re doing one or two edits, but if your workflow consists of running through each consecutive hit and do mouse edits at the same time you easily loose track on which sample you previously triggered, changing finger positions to make the ctrl+x.

I want to be able to keep my left hand for triggering consecutive slices / multi-sampled hits and the right hand for making mouse edits.

Yeah, a few features disappeared from the sample editor, sadly …?? :blink: :smashed:

I find frustrating when icons, that are not nessesery to remove, disapears from menu too…

Yeah! Please put the scissors back in the next update :(/> I use them all the time.
I edit samples in the renoise editor even for puposes other than tracking in Renoise.
Would really make me happy to see it return. Don’t get why its gone anyway?

Isn’t ctrl x faster ?

is this what right click/trim does now? i wouldnt mind having the icons back!

ctrl x = cut
ctr c =copy
ctrl v =paste

Ahh stupid me…
when ctrl x does the trick i’m happy

I also want “Cut, Trim, Paste” buttons come back. :(
Also still there are some buttons like “Invert Phase, Swap Stereo Channels, smooth” which I seldom use.
So I want customizable tool buttons like this.

4502 tool-icons.png

Yes, yes… But there is really NO reason not to put the buttons back.
Put the f’in buttons back!!

R.i.p old sample editor features. Neva foget :(

It is all taktik’s fault.

[quote=“Hongerige kat, post:4, topic:40011”]

4502 tool-icons.png

So much yes to this! :yeah:

[quote=“satobox, post:10, topic:40011”]
I also want “Cut, Trim, Paste” buttons come back. :(/>
Also still there are some buttons like “Invert Phase, Swap Stereo Channels, smooth” which I seldom use.

4502 tool-icons.png
This needs to happen. The more customization options, the better!

Nice. Or better still “Tool icons…” bringing about a preference dialogue where you tick what you want. Just a bit more handy than going in and out of the menu for setting it up.

I also want “Cut, Trim, Paste” buttons come back. :(/>/>/>/>

4502 tool-icons.png

HEY! I use those! “Smooth” Invert" “Swap Stereo” all very very useful features!

I also want “Cut, Trim, Paste” buttons come back. :(/>

4502 tool-icons.png
I prefer this. Good one sato.