Photo
- - - - -

Modulation devices don't have "Dest", "Scaling"?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 martyfmelb

martyfmelb

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:14

In the "regular" Velocity Tracker metadevice, you have Dest, Dest Min, Dest Max, scaling
In the modulation version of the Velocity Tracker metadevice, it behaves like a numeric operand only -- you can't map it to a downstream parameter.

For example, I was looking to vary the decay of an AHDSR via a Velocity Tracker. I couldn't do that.
I could wire a Velocity Tracker to a macro via *Instr. Macros, and then wire the macro to the AHDSR "Decay" parameter. And that works really well for monophonic playback, I'll use the living daylights out of it for that purpose :)

But as soon as samples begin to overlap, the lack of per-sample velocity-tracking becomes noticeable e.g. a loud note held-down while a quiet one plays in the middle modifies both envelopes to short-decay.

Really ghetto interrim solution (don't have time to unbreak 'clamp input velocity' functionality in this mock):

Posted Image
soundcloud : traxinspace
os win7 / directx11 skin aero default mobo asus m4a 89td pro / usb3 cpu amd phenom ii x6 1055T @ 2.8ghz + mem 8gb 1333mhz ... I think
video ati radeon hd 6900 under catalyst sound onboard realtek under asio4all, audiobox usb
storage local seagate sata 250gb as c:\ external seagate ide 1tb as l:\
utils 7 taskbar tweaker, hoekey hotkey manager, launchy, strokeit mouse gestures, nexus dockbar, winsplit revolution window organiser