could you also add the ability that the result of one oscillator/sample can be multiplicated, retriggered (using sample loops) or subtracted from another osc/sample?
This would lead into various and much more interesting possibilities like:
- "FM synthesis" / kind of waveshaping
- Ring modulation (Current ring modulation filter does missing a lot of features)
- sync modulation!!
Coud be implemented like this:
1. Additional modulation target: "sample offset / position"
See an example song, what's the problem with the current/missing sampler modulation features of Renoise 3 >> here (trying to build pwm modulation) <<
Having a realtime sample position controlled by a constant, AHDSR or LFO, it would be possible for example to control the pwm modulation in realtime, manually.
2. Some kind of result modulation math in the sample properties?
3. Modulation type "retrigger loop/restart loop of other sample" (not the one of current effect chain)
Required for sync modulation would be the possibility to restart the loop of one sample using the signal value of another.
4. Experimental: Additional target "(sample) Position" with modulation types "DC offset" (where x>1 becomes x=1) and "DC shift" (where x>1 becomes x=x-2). Imagine a saw wave that is DC shifted: Would this be a sync modulation? Also should be interpolated after dc shifting...
What do you think?
Edited by Jurek, 26 January 2014 - 20:23.