• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Fuße wirklich richtig schmutzig machen, mit kräftig anlegen von, logischerweise, ein Schlammpfütze.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 18:13

Hello,

I would like to input the idea of a "Instrument Sample Control device" in the instrument modulation and internal track DSP effects.

The "Instrument Sample Control device" could have:

a) a "linked instrument" selection
b) a "slice" selection
c) a "offset" slider
d) a "gain" slider
e) a "panning" slider
f) a "reverse/forward toggle" trigger
** update:
g) a "semitone" slider
h) a "cents" slider

b) c) d) e) f) g) and h) could be controlled by external automation.

the b) "slice" selection is a dropdown list which has all the sample slots in the a) "linked instrument" selected.

the c) "offset" slider gives the starting offset for the selected b) "slice" when triggered by the sequencer or key

the d) "gain" slider sets the gain of the individual selected b) "slice"

the e) "pan" slider sets the panning of the individual selected b) "slice"

the f) "reverse/forward toggle" is an addition working like the 0B00 / 0B01 effect command, it automatically alternates between reversed/forward playback respecting loops and reversed initial playback on the selected b) "slice"

** update:

the g) "semitone" is a relative value to pitch the selected b) "slice" lower or higher by the chosen number of semitones

the h) "cents" is a relative value to pitch the selected b) "slice" lower or higher by the chosen number of cents

with this "Instrument Sample Control device" features I could:

1) control/fade individual slices gain and panning by automation
2) control/alternate individual slices start offset by automation
3) toggle reverse/forward play on individual slices by automation
** update:
4) control individual slices semitone and cents pitch

within sample based instruments.

Maybe I will make a nice graphical preview of this thing soon.

Renoise_Instr_Sample_Device.JPG

** update:

maybe there also should be a "relative semitone pitch" and a "relative finetune" slider?

e.g.:

g) "semitone" (default in the middle on xy80 = +00 semitones)

xy00 = -80h semitones
xy80 = +00h semitones: the same as set in sample properties semitone
xyFF = +80h semitones

h) "cents" (default in the middle on xy80 = +00 cents)

xy00 = -80h cents
xy80 = +00h cents: the same as set in sample properties semitone
xyFF = +80h cents

I will try to add this into another graphical preview soon.

Renoise_Instr_Sample_Device_+_Pitch.JPG

with the best fonts,

EatMe out.

Edited by EatMe, 06 February 2014 - 17:26.

• Djeroek, catchphrase, ffx and 1 other like this

* website: eatme.pro * discography: eatme.pro/music * on soundcloud: /eatme * on internetDJ.com/user/eatme 
* latest free album"Berth Of" (12 free tracks) * some samples: this free breakbeat and another free breakbeat * 16x renoise .xrns by EatMe: song-pack 
* legal infosome rights reserved on music by EatMe - please mention www.eatme.pro with a broadcast or share 

(
Please see my most important Renoise feature request and give your +1 bump!

#2 Admiralbumblebee

Admiralbumblebee

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 19:25

Great idea.

Edited by Admiralbumblebee, 03 February 2014 - 19:26.

#3 Tom de Rooy

Tom de Rooy

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2429 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 21:55

+1 Good addition.

#4 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Fuße wirklich richtig schmutzig machen, mit kräftig anlegen von, logischerweise, ein Schlammpfütze.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 00:54

+1 Good addition.

I would also like silent vv and taktik and dblue approval

<3

* website: eatme.pro * discography: eatme.pro/music * on soundcloud: /eatme * on internetDJ.com/user/eatme 
* latest free album"Berth Of" (12 free tracks) * some samples: this free breakbeat and another free breakbeat * 16x renoise .xrns by EatMe: song-pack 
* legal infosome rights reserved on music by EatMe - please mention www.eatme.pro with a broadcast or share 

(

#5 ballacr75

ballacr75

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Music, boomerang, lego, airplane RC.
    http://www.acadballa.com

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:04

Hi, great if also add control for sample loop start, sample loop end, and loop offset (shift start+end: think at a wavetable, you can go through the sample with a midi control...wonderful)
  • Skolskoly likes this
|Emanuele Ballasina|ballacr75|www.acadballa.com|Renoise 3.0.0|Reason 7.1|Yamaha Motif ES 6|plg150an|dx|vl|Yamaha FS1r|Access Virus TI|Kurzweil PC3 61|Nord Stage 2 HA88|Mutable Instruments Shruthi1|Cremona|Italy|

#6 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:48

Hi, great if also add control for sample loop start, sample loop end, and loop offset (shift start+end: think at a wavetable, you can go through the sample with a midi control...wonderful)

That would add some new features. I expect that adding the features you requested will take more development and testing time - placing loop start/end and offset will give some problems on play at the edges I suppose - it certainly is a good request - I hope to see these added in future versions of Renoise.

(

#7 Drop Shadow

Drop Shadow

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 20:33

+1

#8 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 18:16

+9

+1

bump

+>Renoise

(

#9 Vastique

Vastique

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:43

+1

#10 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 18:10

I would also like silent vv and taktik and dblue approval

That we're silent doesn't automatically mean approval :P
I'm not against it either, i do suspect that such device does have limitations regarding control from the pattern editor, so i suspect one would only use it for specific kind of samples. (e.g. not a 1024 layered piano kit)
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#11 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 21:16

That we're silent doesn't automatically mean approval :P
I'm not against it either, i do suspect that such device does have limitations regarding control from the pattern editor, so i suspect one would only use it for specific kind of samples. (e.g. not a 1024 layered piano kit)

It would be very useful for a drum kit / breakbeat and instruments with up to 255 selectable slices / samples in the sample slot. limited by that 255 slices for the purpose that this device has is fine with me.

(

#12 Vojeet

Vojeet

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:24

+1 for "relative semitone pitch" and a "relative finetune" and everything else, but without comic sans! :D

#13 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 15:41

+1 for "relative semitone pitch" and a "relative finetune" and everything else, but without comic sans! :D/>

You have noted my hard work, I've been very unprecise with all the descriptive text elements.
I have used this specific font to encourage the renoise developers to make something alike but even more nice.

If you can make a rainbow on the background of every Renoise DSP, please spread your template.

EatMe out

(

#14 florian

florian

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:sampling, drums, bikes, video... .... cats.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 19:05

being able to programmatically tweak the loop start and end points would make chiptune coding about a hundred times for fun and insane. :w00t:
-----
black
skwrl
-----

#15 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 19:30

add to

Renoise_Instr_Sample_Device_+_Pitch.JPG

Edited by EatMe, 07 June 2014 - 19:31.

(

#16 Ledger

Ledger

Guruh Motha Fakka Knows More About Renoise Than Taktik

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3326 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 21:05

Not a solution for this suggestion but I`ve just released a tool (alpha) which helps with setting pattern vol / pan/ delay values via sliders, could be useful in meantime.

http://forum.renoise...ote-properties/

Note Prop.PNG

--> Lua For Beginners <--
--> Lua for newbies <--

My Scripts On Forum

Top Tip!

cpu : Xeon 1231 v3, os : Win 7 64bit, audio: Audient iD4
posts as 4tune @ KvR and some other music related sites

#17 ffx

ffx

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • Interests:Renoise Sidechain

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:37

Yes, those all-round standard parameters which every instrument has could be indeed placed into a separate controlling device next to the macro device... 

Or added to an overhauled macro device, which provided such standard parameters automatically...