so, um, what's ur fave chord lol?

for me… probs this shape on guitar

g2 d2 a3 a#3 d3 g4

This one.

[media]

[/media]

Isus2/III

The tonic sus2 with third in bass is a cheesy chord that can be used in many cases, often as a transition chord. It always brings sweetness…

the first one of that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSpyECKCI4&feature=player_detailpage#t=2628

my favourite is the concord

Mine right now is a b9sus4. Has a very asian/modal feel. I just love 9th chords in general.

5ths and 7ths and combined…
Otherwise…

I’m obsessed with E minor 7th add 9 (and add 9s in general!) and a nice C and D shape that follows on from it that I haven’t bother analysing yet…

E—0---0—2
B—3---3—3
G—0---0—0
D—4---4—4
A—2---3—5
E—0---x—x

The first two are pretty much the clean, arpeggiated chords in the verse of Pantera’s ‘Shedding Skin’

Also piano-style chords on guitar:

any major 7th chord is dead sexy to my ears. makes me want to poop

ok, so that would be a sus2 c3 d3 g3 plus “third in bass” which would be either a minor och major third from c3 → d#3 or e3?

c3 d#3 d3 g3

or

c3 d3 e3 g3 ?

couldn’t find “Isus2/III” by googling it.

nice. had to plop on the song now. that first chord is almost like that first chord (e minor add 9) i mentioned.

Here s my best.Arpeggio from 1 to 6 string

E—2
B—0
G—1
D—2
A—0
E—2

E A E, E A E A

Depends on what comes before and after it! It’s all about context. That shit changes everything.

no, not your fave chord progression or resolution or whatevs just the chord that you like the best isolated.

Another lush add 9 - B maj add 9 with open strings (bit of a stretcharoo!):

E—0---
B—0---
G—8---
D—11–
A—9---
E—7---

Cheeky C# / Db maj 7th(?) shape:

E—0---
B—4---
G—2---
D—4---
A—4---
E—X---

And of course the ‘James Bond chord’ - shaken not stirred, single coils and amp tremolo optional:

E—0---
B—7---
G—8---
D—9---
A—10–
E—0---

Modified Hendrix chord / E minor 7th with choke and funky dorian note / pinky slide:

E—10\9-
B—8----
G—7----
D—X----
A—7----
E—X----

Check out these wicked voicings from Eric Johnson:

http://www.guitarworld.com/wild-stringdom-expand-your-chordal-vocabulary-open-voiced-triads

:guitar:/>

PS. Sorry non-guitar people :unsure:/>