Two Questions - (Soundcard Routing + Column Release Problems)

Hello, it’s my first post here.

I am getting used to renoise at the moment but have ran into a couple of problems, the first of witch being I want to route renoise channels to my 8 outputs on my soundcard to use an external mixer - someone told me how to do this before but I’ve forgotten what it was.

Second problem is note releases being cut off when the next note on a column is played, how do I stop this?

Apologies if this has been posted lots before, did some searches but nothing relevant came up.

:)

1. At the bottom of each track in the mixer, you can find dropdowns with target outputs. By default they likely say “Master”, if you extent these, you should see your external channels mentioned, assuming you are using the ASIO driver and have the “Limit to Stereo In/Out” checkbox disabled in the audio preferences.
  2. Note being cut off can have various causes. I will mention the two most frequent causes: Are you using internal instruments and internal samples? Check the NNA settings in the sample properties. If they are set to “Cut”, try changing them to note-off or continue for all samples. If you have this issue with a plugin, check if the plugin has a poly(phonic) option inside its own plugin window. If this is a mono plugin, then Renoise itself has no options to fix this otherwise than that you use more instruments with the same plugin.

Cheers for the help - I’ll give those a try now.

I was using the internal sampler, I’ll have a look at the settings sugested.

:walkman: