Distort-clipchop hell while recording

Hey there,

I get a really loud chop-distort-like sound while trying to record an instrument using Renoise 3 with my Edirol UA 25 on Ubuntu!
See my attached file. WARNING: This is really really loud! Take off your headphones! I won’t be liable for any loss!

I’m pretty sure that this is a Renoise issue, because my UA 25 works perfectly with Audacity for example. I can record everything and in the InDevice-settings Audacity even lists me every possible LineIn to choose from. This is even more confortable than on Windows.

tl;dr:

Problem: only blasting-chop sound on instrument-record
Audiodevice: Edirol UA 25
Alsa-support: Yes!
Renoise ver.: 3 (64bit), works like a charm apart from the record-problem.

I forgot to upload the file…

“I’m pretty sure that this is a Renoise issue, because my UA 25 works perfectly with Audacity for example”

It does not work that easily to compare software A with software B. Not all software that is native 64-bit also processes audio in 64-bit, which is usual in most software (they record and process in 32-bit or even 24-bit while Renoise at least processes the audio in 64-bit)

There might be an issue with Renoise perhaps, but there could as well be an issue with the audio-device driver.
You are sure that you do not have any DSP effects present while doing the recording? (Meaning that you are recording fully dry)