My first Renoise native synth - Aspik Synth

I’ve created a little stupid synth :lol: based on tuned key tracking device by dblue. It uses dc offset and ring mod as a OSC. And it takes almost zero CPU.

Because we have doofers now it is very easy import it and create some weird, modulated sound. I’ve tried to name every device so everybody should know what does what.

How i use it:
1 step: Insert Aspik Synth doofer on a track and create instrument with empty sample. You should be able to play your synth now.
2 step: Create your sound (there are two seperate doofers - osc and env with filter, you can change envelopes inside the doofers etc. if you want)
3 step: modulate it by assigned macros on the main doofer, you should customize it how you like. This were my choices for the demo.

There is a demo rns track where you will find doofer and demo rendered track (showing modulation mainly :-)).

http://reap.sweb.cz/AspikSynth_Demo.xrns

I would love to know if somebody will use it and how :slight_smile:
I´ve tried to create a track with it but drums were very weak (but i didnt mangle with envelopes yet :))

It makes some interesting sounds, but to be honest i don’t understand why you haven’t made this into a self contained instrument with macros instead of samples and doofers? It would have made it a lot more convenient to use.
Take a look at the Big Bloomer in my signature to see what i mean.

Because it would be limited to 8 macros and everything else have to be inside the instrument (in the fx section).
Problem is that you can’t edit track and see that FX section in the same moment. You can if you detach the instrument window or if you have dual-screen setup but it is not very comfortable IMHO.
I prefer to have main doofer and subdoofers on the bottom of the screen, because i can make connections and modulations without leaving the main window.
But there is nothing that stops you from inserting this doofer inside the instrument :slight_smile: