Now Controlled by the new Freshly Exclusive Renoise Dedicated Unique Controller! (FERDUC)
NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!
- Since the sounds come from Renoise, you get the same extremely insane flexiblity that you are used to, but inside a step sequencer! Imagine the possibilities!
- 8 Tracks of 8 Steps each in which you can easily edit the content of every single steps and even change them in real time directly on the controller! (by increasing/decreasing current pattern)
- 4 Presets which can be edited before being fully loaded! (all that on the controller)
- Retriggering steps directly on the controller for some insane beat shuffling/smashing/breakcore frenzy hardcore pun pun! (No cheesy retrigger trance effect allowed)
- Video syncing with the notes from C-3 to B-4! (each triggering different parts of the video!) This feature can be used without the controller in any .xrns You can sync it to tracks you already have or simply add a new instrument without sound only to trigger your video!
- A possibility of recording the final result (video + audio)
- A plan of adding several video effects in the future!
- All that and much more in 4 magically bright colors on the controller for direct real time feedback!
Update! (december 18th)
I chose to make two different tools, one that will sync renoise with video and one for the Launch pad controlled Renoise step sequencer.
The 8x8 Sliders patcher is now available. I'm planning to merge these two tools in the same patcher once I update the sequencer. Update (02/09/10): this will mostly come with the monome version.
I still have to polish the video tool...
Here is a video preview of the Step Sequencer:
Watch it in HD on youtube: http://www.youtube.c...6MXhz7L4&fmt=22
The main advantage of it is that each of your steps are directly inside Renoise so it couldn't be easier to edit each of them according to your needs. You can change the duration of the steps, which and how many notes are playing in every steps, you can control effects on specific steps or more global effects, it basically is renoise turned into an 8 steps system. You can always add more! I know the song I play in my video is very basic, but it's up to you to create insane .xrns to use with this sequencer.
"(17:43:38 PM) MickRip: jbl: there's something strangely sexy about what you're doing"
"This round goes to Renoise and the ingenious work of patch creator Johann Baron Lanteigne." - Peter Kirn
"JBL just handed us everything on a silver plate!" - danoise
"(10:51:19 PM) p7: 4:52 am , installing max.
(10:51:23 PM) p7: im so hardcore"
"thanks for doing this! it is perhaps the biggest 'feature' that led me to buy a renoise license." - litch
Renoise Based Step-Sequencer v0.1
8x8 Sliders for LaunchPad
If you don't have max, you'll need max runtime which is free:
There's a download link for mac and for windows. Make sure you download Max Runtime unless you don't mind downloading the 100mb demo of Max Msp Jitter.
If you're on windows you're gonna need Midi Yoke so Max can send midi messages to Renoise and you can select a device in Renoise preferences.
Midi Yoke Direct Download Link
danoise for his tone matrix
little-scale for a part of the max msp codes, he got a really nice sequencer for the LP.
Renoise for the improved midi mapping and the the pattern matrix
My todo list (my request is that you is to make it bigger)
Support for monome? I'd need one. update (02/09/10), I'm gonna build a 256 monome, expect a monome version of this toy.
Making the patcher more user friendly (I need suggestions)
There are some instructions in the patcher, some more detailed instructions are coming.
I need your suggestions, if you try my patcher, please drop some feedback/comments/suggestions here.
This post has been edited by JBL: 07 April 2010 - 05:36 AM