computer

Hehe, too many zeros… :)

What you meant to say was that the difference between the 533MHz and the 800MHz is about 25€

And between ‘P4 2.66GHz, 800MHz’ and ‘P4 2.8GHz, 800MHz’ is about 65€

Hehe, tanks phonkey! :) I sounded really rich there for a while, didn’t I?

Well I was of course thinking in Swedish kronor which is about 10 on a euro…

300 watts is absolutely the minimum… I’d feel safer with something more… right now I have a 450 watt power ‘thingy’ supply? (voeding in dutch) for a duron 1200 (a bit overkill I know). But in the past I had some problems with burnt power supplies (both monitor (twice!) and comp).

But a mx video card is just fine if you don’t plan on using heavy duty graphics. Harddrives is something to invest in. The Western Digitals with 8mb cache are really performing well, at least make sure they’re 7200rpm.

What’s the deal about office f****ing up windows?? You got any more info on that? Right now I switched back to win98 cause it performs better as a game machine (though I’m not sure now since I didn’t install via4in1 drivers under xp).

dont use win98 anymore, just use win2k. (xp sucks anyway).

about the office thing … office is very aggressive in terms of taking over your PC and changing vital information. also its known that its not possible to de-install office completely. (A full office-installation is used by many pc-magazines when they test uninstalling-programs).

About OSes: It’s just a matter of taste. Some say win98 is faster, some say XP can be as fast by tweaking all the settings, some say win2k is more stable than XP etc… So the general advice would be to try for yourself! :) Personally I’ve used all of them quite a lot and like XP the most.

About office: Same here… I know it screws up the system a bit but I’ve never had any real problem with this. Try it and if it works for you then use it! :)

How about this card:

Asus V9520 Geforce FX 5200, 128Mb, DVI, TVout

It’s a non-mx and because it has a DVI output it supports dual monitors with a special connector.

JR :D

and this one…

Sapphire ATI radeon 7000 32 MB, DVI

which one is the best. The difference in price is 63 euro.

Thanks in advance,

JR :D

If you choose between thouse 2 cards you shall deffinitly go for the GeForce FX
If you can find a cheap GeForce 4 Ti of any model thouse are better than the low models of the FX card…
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/200303…00-5200-10.html

If you know how to configure it then you can get XP to act as an Win2k but also got all the new good features that Win2k doesn’t have… and I don’t understand why some people say that Win2k is more stable than XP, it is without doubt the opposit…

and by the way, ALL microsoft products suck… I only use Windows cause I do not have much of a choise… I also use Linux but it isn’t an OS for musicians and Mac is a “all-in-one-box”-solution that is even worse than to use a PC with Windows… the day when Apple start to licence their hardware to other manufacrutes Mac maybe is going to be a choise to consider…

No i think i’ll take the

Asus V9520 Geforce FX 5200, 128Mb, DVI, TVout

It’s a non-mx and it is cheaper than a GeForce 4 Ti

It is a good card isn’t it???

Thanks in advance,

JR B)

Yes, it is much better than the G4 MX440 that you considered before… if you not want to spend more money then this is the card to go for. ;)

I think it’s a good choice, because i will only use it for music and mayby in the future for a game but i don’t think.

Thank a lot for all the information.

JR B)