Development of "VPDpro. Arpeggia". Some demonstrations

Automation has a fixed resolution of 256 points per line, so the position of each point does indeed get rounded off to the nearest 1/256th of a line.

You already discovered the magic value:

1 / 256 = 0.00390625

Thanks DBlue!

All this talk came by what happens with clear_range at the end of the pattern with the maximum number of lines. If you use :clear_range (512, 512.999),the function is not able to erase the time 512.99609375 of the last point (513 -0.00390625),but it does eliminate the penultimate time (512.9921875).Both times are less than 512.999.

It seems that :clear_range(t1, t2) is not able to clear the last possible time, but it can erase the rest.Should not I be able to erase all the points, including the last one with the maximum possible time?

If you use :clear_range (512, 512.999),the function is not able to erase the time 512.99609375 of the last point

Indeed, I’ve just tried this myself and there seems to be something fishy going on. We’ll try to investigate further.

In the meantime, this will work: (As you’ve already discovered, it seems)

local automation = renoise.song().patterns[1].tracks[1].automation[1]
if automation:has_point_at(512.99609375) then
  automation:remove_point_at(512.99609375)
end

Indeed, I’ve just tried this myself and there seems to be something fishy going on. We’ll try to investigate further.

In the meantime, this will work: (As you’ve already discovered, it seems)

local automation = renoise.song().patterns[1].tracks[1].automation[1]
if automation:has_point_at(512.99609375) then
automation:remove_point_at(512.99609375)
end

Yes, for the moment I will leave it like that, work fine.Maybe if clear_range() could handle up to 513 it would be solved for a possible future version of Renoise.It is also possible that there is a small difference between Renoise 3.1.1 for Linux and Windows related to this topic.For some reason, 4Tey can print time 513 on Linux, and I can not print 513 on Windows.

Regardless of all this, I think it would be more successful than the maximum time limit per pattern for clear_range(t1, t2) outside t2 = 513, and not the maximum number of lines, which is 512, itself accept the value 512.999, with 513 return a error.

7783 vpdpro-arpeggia_demo_01.png

7782 vpdpro_arpeggia_demo_01.mp3

Here is a experimental song demo made with Arpeggia and a single note, using the VST Korg Wavestation.

In the demonstration, the envelope of the image has been used. You can follow the progress of the sound by looking at the image.

The funny thing is that only one note has been used!Test done in less than a minute, with 0 human creativity (the tool itself has returned the envelope).

Test done in less than a minute, with 0 human creativity (the tool itself has returned the envelope).

I personally appreciate the hours of work that has been put into such an innocent little “random button” .

You’ve become quite the prolific tool author, so I just want to point out that programming is also a creative endeavor :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

I personally appreciate the hours of work that has been put into such an innocent little “random button” .

You’ve become quite the prolific tool author, so I just want to point out that programming is also a creative endeavor :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Danoise!

I am aware that it is easy not to value the tools made by others. But behind there is a lot of work, more to think than even to write. Personally, I do not stop fighting so that the GUI is as manageable as possible, otherwise the tool becomes useless, however useful its functions may be.

I have already used several random buttons in my tools, and the truth is that they are very effective. They allow you to test things with sounds quickly, and judge later.This helps creativity. It is like a lifeboat when you are your mind stuck, while you are composing.It’s amazing! :smiley: