Duplex: Renoise and the new Livid Base controller

it looks from the pic you posted above that those buttons configure to Note#'s, not CC’s. So I looked through some of the other scripts and I tried to change them to their note#'s. I used this to guide me:

http://cote.cc/w/wp-content/uploads/drupal/blog/logic-midi-note-numbers.png

however I got a bunch of errors and had to change it back to CC#'s. So I’m not exactly sure how to fix that.

When creating a controlmap for Duplex, it’s absolutely crucial that you get the values right - the ones that the device is actually sending.

So if the livid comes with some kind of editor software, you might have changed the buttons into something else than the defaults. And as a result, the controlmap would not be able to recognize the incoming MIDI messages.

I’m not sure about the controlmap I provided. So, to be certain, you need to assign values that match the output of your controller.

But once the controlmap is working, it should work across applications. Notes can control the matrix, or CC messages can produce a keyboard - the type of message doesn’t really matter, as long as Duplex is able to receive it.

Also, it would probably be a good idea to enable MIDI logging in Duplex. This way, you can see which messages are received/transmitted in the scripting console.

Oh, and don’t forget that the Livid should not be selected as a MIDI input device in Renoise unless you want Renoise and Duplex to potentially clash with each other :slight_smile: