My music (German rap)

thank you! I have more in the pipeline but I still need to edit it some :smiley:

I’ve often thought about this, and I’m 100.00% sure I wouldn’t be making music if it hadn’t been for FastTracker, and I wouldn’t be rapping if it wasn’t for Renoise. Exactly like I would never had cared much about photography if DSLR didn’t exist. I mean, I always loved music and rap and I wrote a bit before I had Renoise, etc. but if it wasn’t so FUN to just sample something and mess around in Renoise, I wouldn’t have put those hours in. And I can always go back to edit or re-record and render again, at the spur of the moment, no hassle, no BS… even with songs that are over 10 years old. What a luxury.

No lie, sometimes when I think about how grateful I am to Amiga mod music and everything that sprang from it, all those musicians and music rippers and music collectors and tracker makers, I get rather sentimental. There’s just no words to fully explain how the luxury of being able to make tracks about anything that bothers me blindsided me, and how much it means to me. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

So, thanks.

1 Like

(the beat is a bad hommage to this one basically)

the next one is silly, and the bass is too loud ^^

2 Likes

Updated it a bit, and made a “video” ^^

3 Likes

To be honest, I think the beat is a bit boring yet melody wise, but I couldn’t come up with anything that didn’t make it worse, so I figured I’d rather upload it like this than not at all. Especially since I already rapped these lyrics over other beats anyway, so no pressure for this to be anything as far as I’m concerned.

Parts of the lyrics are from this song:

1 Like

I commited a crime and wrote a song! ^^

2 Likes

Great flow man that jungle brothers was amazing

Yeah, I like it too, especially how the melody kinda fits the rap. I was just derping around and I didn’t think I would ever upload it, but then it kinda grew on me ^^

1 Like

Written before breakfast, recorded during/after breakfast. I kept the very first take where I didn’t mess up anything, and I think I’ll leave it that way, I like how moderately decent it turned out in such a hurry :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and the beat was my attempt at remaking “Rusty Sheriff’s Badge” by Twisted Individual ahem ^^

1 Like

buncha raps and beats for the peeps ^^

2 Likes

not rap, but this is who I am now.

2 Likes

now, combine rap and this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m playing it off as ironic, but I enjoy singing (as high as I can haha) way too much :smiley:

Writing something that I would want to sing is yet another thing I guess… for now I’ll just lift existing songs to entirely new heights by graciously lending them my voice xD

1 Like

well, with the tools available nowadays, i really do not see any obstacle in creating ‘the song that you would like to create’ unless you want to create song with high pitched voice like Vitas or similar… you can practice, learn, record perfect takes… etc… even recording note-for-note :slight_smile:

Made this instrumental roughly a year ago and haven’t found lyrics I want to rap over it yet (I’ll only really finish the beat once I know what lyrics I’m finishing for)… but I figured I’ll upload what is there in the meantime, because even as a stub, I love it. Can’t go wrong with that sample :smiley:

oh, and I also improved/worsened these a bit:

Höre ich bei “Rap und so” etwa Cypress Hill - When The Ship Goes Down raus?
By the way, “Rap und so” needs some mixing/mastering improvement, the other two songs are better production wise. But as long as they’re “listenable” everything is fine.

You could rap to Skull Snaps for example about the “great” upcoming green chancellor and about the upcoming future in a satire way. Everything will become sooo great… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Yeah, I sampled the same song :slight_smile:

By the way, “Rap und so” needs some mixing/mastering improvement, the other two songs are better production wise.

Thanks for the feedback! Noted, I’ll see what I can do hehe. I tend to just “do stuff” and only notice that something sucks when I compare it with other things, but that’s also kinda the point of being on soundcloud, so I can still change tracks.

You could rap to Skull Snaps for example about the “great” upcoming green chancellor and about the upcoming future in a satire way. Everything will become sooo great…

Haha yeah, we’ll see. I kinda am hoping that maybe some day I’ll write something nice and uplifting ^^

Something nice and uplifting, all right. You mean some fun stuff?
Well, then listen to this:

Or something like this little story would be nice:

I know and like happy rap :stuck_out_tongue: The thing is, I write to get shit out of my system usually, so negative things… when I’m happy, I don’t sit down to write songs, I just derp around ^^

1 Like

^^

2 Likes