New Tool (2.7 & 2.8): Fractional Notes

No problem. You have a couple of available options. Please refer to my first post…

Nevertheless, I do understand where you’re coming from. Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out exactly how you should use/activate a tool. It’s actually something I’ve been thinking about recently.

I do think it makes sense for tool developers to place some kind of default menu entry into the main Tools menu, since this is where people are most likely to look first. Even if the Tools menu option simply shows a message like “you should trigger this tool via the Pattern Editor menu” or something like that, or simply opens the tool’s GUI with the default settings, etc., it could still be very helpful to newcomers.

I will try to keep this stuff in mind when I update my tools in the future anyway. It really doesn’t hurt to make these things easier to use :)

1 Like

This tool is genius! Definitely just sent my track up through the roof, thanks!
Say hello to Hyphy Hi Hats…

Thank you so much. This changes everything.

1 Like

Any plans to update this for 3.1? This tool is so freakin useful.

Any plans to update this for 3.1?

Simply install the latest version (currently 1.03) and let Renoise auto-update the tool. It should work just fine. It’s working for me in 3.1 at least :wink:

(Disclaimer: Only works in the Pattern Editor, not the Phrase Editor… so maybe I will update that sometime later)

1 Like

Maybe I accidentally downloaded the wrong one, when I tried it yesterday it disabled it due to compatibility. Will try again.

Yeah it works, I must have accidentally nabbed the 2.7 version.

1 Like

Im going to try and modify this to make a bouncing ball effect

1 Like