New Tool (3.1) ChordGun

I’m not going to do that but it’s pretty easy to add new ones, just go Tools->Scripting Terminal & Editor and open up chords.lua after expanding com.pandabot.ChordGun. You can see how they’re all defined in that file, you can add new entries in there.

2 Likes

has anyone added some extra chords themselfs by any chance? and if so willing to share the script.

I’d be willing to open up the chords.lua file and see if I can make sense of it as described above. Adding major 9th and minor 9th chords would be a good improvement that I think others would find useful. Is there a GitHub page for this plugin where I could contribute the changes back to the community, or is this the best way to share it back?

1 Like

That would be really cool. I think people just post the code into the comments? im not sure tho never used it.

Actually I agree that adding Arrows in the GUI of ChordGun is unnecessary, but could you maybe allow pressing UP/DOWN still moving the Pattern Editor up and down, while ChordGun is focused?

I haven’t yet come around to learn LUA or Tool programming to do this myself, but I think it would be a nice general addition.

oh wow ! thanks for the work.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you so much! I get so much use out of this plug-in, I’d be happy to buy you a beer if you have a PayPal or Venmo or something. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This is rad - giving me chords I’ve never even considered. Thank you!

2 Likes

praise be

2 Likes

Oh nice, definitely trying this out later!

Cool, yes, @pandabot, please let us know where you can accept donations. Thanks all!

Please donate at https://paypal.me/benjohnson2001, all proceeds will go towards providing fresh boxes of cheerios to impoverished developers Thank you

3 Likes

Donated! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Just See it yet. Is it the same chordgun as the chordgun for reaper? I use it all the time in reaper. Is it the same author?

When enabling “all chords” in options, the dialog window goes past the screen on my system. Anyway to add a scrollbar or something?

First time I’m trying an external Renoise tool and this look interesting. Quite simple to use too!

Yeah, pretty fun to try out some chords I would have never thought of!

@EatMe Please change com.pandabot.ChordGun.xrnx to com.eatme.ChordGun.xrnx so people know it’s your version, what you attached is not the latest version I released so it’s a little misleading

Why isn’t it in the tools section?

This thing is great! Add in an adjustable strum effect and it’s jazzy piano/moody guitar for days :smiley:

Yeah, I know there’s a plugin that does the strum effect already, but it would be more fun to have it included IN the ChordGun.