New Tool: Auto Maximize Selected Device In Dsp Chain

THANK YOU! was waiting for this one!

No probs, it was available in this thread before, but the tools page is obviosly better, particularly with Bantai`s autoupdater working so nicely now!.

Fortunately I have got a little more spare time to sort a couple of these things now.

ah, didn’t notice that. i try to read every single post on the forums but sometimes i overlook something :)

gave that up a while ago myself since the forum expanded a couple of years back, since 2.7 it`s been no chance atall :)

Ey Ledger, could you a similar tool for tracks or groups, so only the selected track or group is maximized and all the other tracks are collapsed?

Have you tried this button atall?

2655 Sing track.PNG

[quote=“Ledger, post:26, topic:29382”]
Have you tried this button atall?

2655 Sing track.PNG

Oh no! :drummer:

How would that be different to the function already built in to Renoise to only show current Track?

difference would be group.

So any Track within a Group and the whole Group remains expanded, rather than just the one Track inside it (as currently happens)? I was actually thinking it might be worth having some discussion if the function of that button should possibly be changed slightly now we have Track Grouping ;)

Sub-Group or Parent-Group? And remember there are multiple possible nested levels.

(PS missed there were two pages when I made my reply and that button had at least been pointed out ;) )

Get your 2.8 version here:

http://tools.renoise.com/tools/auto-maximize-selected-dsp

thanks, essential tool

Is there any chance we could have a method where if the user does know to use ctrl-click on a track dsp (and thus highlighting it in yellow), that if there’s an ext.editor for the plugin, it opens up?..
or would it be completely ridiculous?

Probably not planned, but feel free to hack if you like!

Ledger,

I propose a “Lock expanded” tick added to the trackdsp context menu. This will keep any DSP of choice from getting minimized.

(If you make the control by concatenating “Exp:” before the .display_name, it will not show in the track dsp (but in the mixer view unfortunately))

I could add it if you think it’s a good idea but ain’t up for it yourself.

Thanks for suggestion, I will take a look once I have finished updating my other tools. If you want to have a go in the meantime feel free :)

Here is what I meant. Feel free to use it if you like.

I also added some small improvements:

1. Notifiers gets detached when auto-maximize is disabled - sanity.
  2. Adding a new DSP by drag’n’drop will keep it minimized since it is not being selected.

Thought/suggestion:
Using the minimize/maximize icon as a toggle to set “Keep device maximized” could be very intuitive - or very confusing.

Not something I would get much use out of myself to be honest but if others find it useful? could add it.

1. I couldn`t see where you release the notifiers in the file you uploaded? though it makes perfect sense.
  2. Again this is not present in the tool you uploaded?
  1. They are released when unchecking “Auto maximize selected devices” in the start() function from the menu invoke.
  2. It seems to work most of the time but not always. I’ll check…

Here is the bug fix:

Seems to work now.