Performing live with Renoise

did you ever get to making a video? Saw an old post of yours about using renoise for theatre production, and looking at how to get a smooth running radio audio cue thing going in renoise and your system seemed to work…? (although maybe a bit advanced for me with all of the midi-mapping of several instances of renoise)

Hey and hello, I haven’t used Renoise regularly in years I’m afraid. Using PC live was such a hassle, so I went with Novation Circuit Tracks and other hardware in stead.

But I still remember how my setup was and I’d gladly guide you through setting up something functional. :slight_smile:
Firstly: What exactly are your needs? What kind of performance will it be? Do you want to trigger hits or certain loops at certain points, or can loops just go in the background and have their volume raised / lowered as needed? Do you already have MIDI controllers you want to use or do you need to set up that as well?

Etc etc.

The reason I stopped using Renoise live was that, while it’s excellent for music production and composition, I had an idea of how I wanted to do things and therefore needed to build my own setup to accomplish this. So you should be open to using alternative systems in stead. I know a lot of people would just say “JuST USe ABLeToN” but I feel it’s more important to adapt the software and hardware to its specific user in stead of the other way around.