Redux?

http://catcordion.sergethew.com/

I wonder if the 12-sample-per-note-per-instrument limit is lifted…

The first thing i dont like already and ive suggested it before :-).

These points in modulation, lfo and now in stepper are not the best solution.
They are not connected so it is difficult to see differences between them and you must touch everyone precisely to change it, it is just not fun to use it, i usually end inserting values numerically. I would recommend to change it for something like this.
bwarp.JPG

Full bars placed each next to other.

Wow this product looks really good! B)Maybe Redux seems to be good for playing live stage too…

I hope so much for high frequency lfo, so much…

@Akiz For meta devices that is possible ( and/or impossible) under the current design of the maximum TPL count being 16, 16TPL, 16LPB, 130BPM gave a resolution of around 1.8ms I think.

As for the sample modulation devices, you can use a envelope device, at 130 bpm the resolution was around 3ms I think.
Obviously for gain modulation you can simply use the ringmod which will now be synced to a key (I have no doubt all the older dsps will be available asdeprecated devices)

It’s not yet clear what TPL redux will use, however in renoise 'HFO’s are possible via the automation even at reasonable LPB-BPM combinations (you can also get renoise to freeze on writing that automation via paste-continuously if you set the pattern length too high (0x200 lines should do it))

Thank you for your tips i will try it soon :slight_smile:

Edit: Tried it, usable for some things. But i would welcome faster lfo for pitch modulation still (i use 140bp, 4lpb as default template). Envelope is faster than lfo but less precise and less user-friendly.

The thing that really saddens me though is that you wont be able to display parameters of the instrument effects dsps like you can in the mixer, that would be so great, mapping a hydra or a few really isn’t as comfortable, and obviously, you still have to map it.

Speaking of being sad, the distortion was not edited to have oversampling? I would think that would be the prime target after the filters…

@Akiz You still haven’t specified what exactly do you mean, an lfo in the instrument modulation sets or the effects chains, either way, for meta devices, if I calculated it correctly, your resolution at 16 TPL will be 6.7 ms.

I doubt you use pitch modulation for polyphonic instruments at what some already consider frequency modulation synthesis, so you might just bind an operand in pitch of the sample modulation set to a macro then have that macro controlled by the LFO meta device, maybe you’ll get what you want, but I think what you really want is actual frequency modulation.

Wow this product looks really good! B)Maybe Redux seems to be good for playing live stage too…

Depends what you want to do, as has been pointed out already in this thread, it basically uses the same set up that Renoise uses now, so this will never compete with other sample playback plugins for big libraries, it’s only real selling point is tracked phrases, everything else is already available elsewhere for free :wink:

everything else is already available elsewhere for free :wink:

In Windows maybe. Even then I would disagree.

@Akiz You still haven’t specified what exactly do you mean, an lfo in the instrument modulation sets or the effects chains, either way, for meta devices, if I calculated it correctly, your resolution at 16 TPL will be 6.7 ms.

I doubt you use pitch modulation for polyphonic instruments at what some already consider frequency modulation synthesis, so you might just bind an operand in pitch of the sample modulation set to a macro then have that macro controlled by the LFO meta device, maybe you’ll get what you want, but I think what you really want is actual frequency modulation.

I am after fm synthesis and weird experiments with precise HFO, yes.

I am after fm synthesis and weird experiments with precise HFO, yes.

Does this could help ?

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/216-hfo/

Nice, but it is still workaround (you have to assign this doofet to pitch macro) and it takes much more cpu than hfo in envelopes i assume.
(i dont ask for hfo but for lfo with higher resolution :-)).

In Windows maybe. Even then I would disagree.

Disagree all you like, the facts are that there are some amazing free samplers out there, not that the phrase engine in Redux doesn’t look superb because it does, but Redux will never compete with big libraries in its current state, the way instruments are designed are just not set up for that kind of work.

If somebody does not need the phrase engine however, they can easily go and download TX16WX free for instance (Windows/Mac) and that will do near enough everything that Redux can do and plenty more besides :wink:

This is not a clean unsaturated market, samplers really are quite common haha

yeah sure if you don’t want a product for it’s strength then you don’t want the product.

this is like saying “if you don’t want clips and live performance/compositioin features, ableton live is not going to be competitive with cubase”.

if you want to import giant multisamples and are not interested in phrases, then kontakt and sampletank look a lot better than redux, no shit!

Disagree all you like, the facts are that there are some amazing free samplers out there, not that the phrase engine in Redux doesn’t look superb because it does, but Redux will never compete with big libraries in its current state, the way instruments are designed are just not set up for that kind of work.

If somebody does not need the phrase engine however, they can easily go and download TX16WX free for instance (Windows/Mac) and that will do near enough everything that Redux can do and plenty more besides :wink:

This is not a clean unsaturated market, samplers really are quite common haha

A few, I’m afraid naive, questions:

Is there any hardware controller in mind to pilot this ? Like real musical keyboard keys with pots and sliders and pads and all that.

How does it integrate in working with Renoise ? Or is it a stand-alone product that replicates bits of Renoise functionality ?

It’s a standalone vst and no, there’s no hardware, … it’s a vst, use it with anything that can send midi notes and CC

Do we have the color theme for renoise that is used in the promo video for redux ?

Do we have the color theme for renoise that is used in the promo video for redux ?

looks a bit like an ableton color scheme theme that I’m using, dunno who I grabbed it from long time ago;https://www.mediafire.com/?drileibokmrixq2