Renoise 1.8.0 Beta Released

After several hours of testing I can honestly say that this version of Renoise brings tears of joy to my eye.

Is this default of recording of notes where the cursor snaps back to the first position after jamming them in called Keyjazz? If so, where has this been all my life? It’s so good!

Line-In recording to samples encourages so much possibility, it’s so sweet!

The mixer, what can I say about the mixer other than genius! The added bonus of a PRE/POST paradigm is very clever. Being able to assign Line-In to tracks opens the door for live performances.

The new interface is beautiful. Spotlight style searching in every list-mode is life saving. The perceived responsiveness in OS X is much improved, the app doesn’t feel like a clunky piece of ass anymore. Zooming in on the automation windows is great.

So much more. Thank you TEAM RENOISE! Now, back to testing…

wow, very much improvements.
after playing with it a while, it looks like much to get used to.
but everything is more logic now, so this should be an advantage after a while.

Tracing bugs is difficult, that’s a good thing, nod bad for a first beta release.

even a printable keyboad shortcuts, you guys think of everything!

Good job!

All of this for only 50E… :dribble:
Could have easily been four times that ammount.

best renoise up to date for sure… Thank you, some really usefull functions in there which just rocked my world, all I’ve been waiting for!

The mute dry delay signal is fabulous… GREAT WORK!!!

My PC isnt’ working, typing this on a laptop, could someone pleeeaasse show me some pictures of htis new release?

you guys are heroes
olympus awaits thee

:dribble: :drummer:

:D this is awesome, except I was looking through the changelog and i noticed this:

The “Record MIDI Note Offs” option has been removed from the MIDI preferences. This option is now always on.

is there any reason for this? i sometimes have special needs for not recording note offs, and i would hate to have to keep 2 versions of renoise installed :(

I knew this was going to come… pretty much the same old story as with the keyjazz that disappeared.

is the “use big font” missing in new version? i was so used to that…

edit: found it :)

Indeed.
IMO this is something for the new and better RNI structure that hopfully will come some time in the future.

ugly vs usability? i’ll take ugly any day. why remove features? :(

It’s always going to happen when something which was previously customisable is later changed and limited to a single, fixed option. One man’s “I never use this” is another man’s “Holy shit I cannot live without this!”.

can someone tell me where is “capture nearest instrument” key adjustment? or this key isnt configurable anymore?

edit: ehh found again… sorry… i wount post anymore questions :D

i have yo eat my words now and ask another stupid qiestion :D where is advanced edit?

On a QWERTY keyboard the [-] (minus) key toggles it on/off. Or to the right the small button above the vertical scrollbar of the pattern sequencer. :)

Upper right button near Pattern Editor toggles advanced edit, looks like [<->], the drop-down menu in Advanced Processing real-estate gives you what you want.

LOOK HARDER! ;)

Well, at least one who is capable of throwing my “Work in Progress”-pre-tips-prepare-users-better-theory in the wind…

thanks guys :D

Testing means clicking! :)

There have already been a lot of testing…
We even tried illogical actions that you might expect Renoise to freak out on…