You like Renoise? > Motivate the developers and BUY stuff!

Dead or not I just bought me one a dem tashty yella 'n gold retro t-shirts. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

True, FL Studio 12 abuses floating windows, but it is a good example of evolution of the GUI. Studio One 3 is better here, especially for multi-screen.Another much more beast example is Virtual DJ, jump from version 7 to 8.Version 7 was a real GUI crap.This version used a base BMP like skin.The entire GUI was written from scratch, also improving the audio engine, anti-piracy, etc. The GUI version 8 is fine now.FL Studio and VirtualDJ are the two examples I know best from the evolution of the recent GUI.Renoise could take them as an example.

This is total nonsense…

FLS UX has gotten worse with each version since its very inception as a simple drum sequencer all those years ago, the developers at IL have little to no idea about UX (Just go and look at some of the horrific design of some of their plugins for that to be confirmed) and simply changing from BMP to Vector does not mean evolution of anything, it just means that it can scale without artefacts,

FLS UX and UI are both horrific, even stalwart fanboys of the package will fully admit that.

VirtualDJ again you have no idea what you are talking about, just because VDJ7 skin was so bad, does not mean that it is evolution of UI in VDJ8, in fact if anything the VDJ7 skin was evolution of UI because that is when the engine from DJDecks was first implemented, when Adion joined VDJ development it took a while for his UI engine to be fully implemented in VDJ8, but even then, that UI engine was around in DJDecks some ten years before hand, so there is little evolution there either, just because it is new to VDJ does not make it evolution, VDJ is actually now DJDecks in a different coding language, that is all, what you are saying is like a car manufacturer seeing their competition release a car in British Racing Green, releasing their own car in British Racing Green and then claiming "This is the evolution of motor car coloring !!!

Do you develop FLS for IL ?

If you don’t then comments like “FL Studio is nice (gui) code, asbolutely flexible and high quality” are complete and utter nonsense !!!

FLS is coded in a language that is far from flexible, and this is why it has never been ported to other platforms, you also have no idea how “Nice” the code is unless you are developing it, it could be the most horrific bunch of hacks ever to get it all working, trust me, some of the few things i have coded have been full of hacks here and there, and people think they are elegant design, they are not.

I don’t want to say Renoise is perfect as it is… but I don’t really need more stuff… or better i d like a “piano roll”, .bmx machine support, some synth build in, unsign samples… and so on but updates for the sake of it are pointless.

I

as long as you can use it enjoy.

@Bungle, Some of your comments are awesome!

You have already shown several times by your comments that you do not use Renoise in depth.Now you show that you have not tested FL12 nor VDJ8 (nor VDJ7)…Keep going champion!Everyone already knows how horny you are with your comments! :wink: