Monthly Monster Giveaway Comp 1

Hey guys!

I’m starting a montly competition and yes there is a prize!

11693952_10206772031636664_8644908934128Sorry about the image size. I will ship this small ceramic figure to the winner. Rules are as follows:

Players are to use the 12 provided samples plus 1 drum kit to compose a song using renoise.

Time signature: any

Beats per minute: any

Key signature: any

Song Length: 3:30 - 3:50 minutes

Musical style/genre: any

Render to sample allowed: yes

Fx chains allowed: yes

Aditional samples/loops/instruments: No

VSTs allowed: no

Due date: 07/30/2015

While aditional samples are not allowed, it is still allowed to re-sample the given sounds or create instruments using Fx chains.

This is my first time running a comp, so any suggestions on possible rules and some info on how to create polls would be helpful as well.

The winner will not only get the monster as a prize, but will also be allowed to choose 2 samples of their own for the next competition as well as call the shots for the rules.

Competition starts 07/01/15 and ends 07/30/15. That’s about 1 month, and voting will span through 1 month after.

It’s a few days early, but here is the xrns anyway. Open it up and let me know if there are any problems with it.

[sharedmedia=downloads:files:272]

gl hf

I might do something :slight_smile:

I might do something :slight_smile:

cool. I’m hoping to get a few people into doing it monthly. It’s kindof just a no pressure no professionalism sort of comp. Kindof like the DeadDog comps that used to be up here. I miss those. Plus I’ve made about 150 different little ceramic sculptures. They need new homes.

btw, how should we submit a result and in what format, email the xrns/mp3/wave, post a soundcloud link in this thread, upload in Renoise download section?

May give this a go when I’m done with work today :slight_smile:

aight, made a beat;

http://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/10-jaar-mgcomp001

find xrns here;http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/273-jtpe-10-jaar-mgcomp001/

I want cheramic monster, not shure if i can beat ^that guy though…

Well it looks like Djeroek is the only person who has entered.With a pretty mind-blowing track in fact. Thanks for scaring everybody off bro. So if nobody else posts a track in the next 4 days looks like he wins it. But let’s hope to hear something from TheBellows and Lethargik.

As far as entry format goes, the rules are pretty loose. But it would be pretty nice to see an xrns and a .wav export.

Well it looks like Djeroek is the only person who has entered.With a pretty mind-blowing track in fact. Thanks for scaring everybody off bro. So if nobody else posts a track in the next 4 days looks like he wins it. But let’s hope to hear something from TheBellows and Lethargik.

As far as entry format goes, the rules are pretty loose. But it would be pretty nice to see an xrns and a .wav export.

I have just been on vacation and i’m behind on a lot of stuff i have to do, so i’m afraid i don’t have the time to make the deadline. Maybe a last day entry if i find the time for it.

Summer is probably not the most ideal time to have contests, because many are on vacation or enjoying the incredibly bright thing called ‘sun’.

I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I just finished making a track today and I feel like making another! :smiley:

I noticed the piano is out of tune and i found that the A#5 sample is missing and the notes above it are all skewed one semitone. Easy fix, but it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. :smiley:

I made it, here’s my entry! :slight_smile:

Niiiiiiiiiice… Well good. I have about 20 more of those monsters to give away. So I’m glad more than one person participated in this comp. Sorry for the thing starting in the summer but realistically this is going to be going on for a year and a bag of chips. So it really doesn’t matter what time of year it is.

Oh did I mention that I made the monsters with my own bear hands? Yes I have bear hands. Most people would call them paws, but since I’m all human and shit… hands.

Anyhow. I will be submitting something to this comp as well. However, the monster will be given to the person with the most votes who isn’t me.

Thanks THEBELLOWS and THEDJEROEK for your submissions. This being the first go-around, it might be a little choppy as far as votes go. but let’s see how this turns out. In the end it doesn’t really matter. I get rid of some demons, and you gain some. Whatevs. It was really exciting to hear what two2deuxdoszwei people came up with using the sounds I’ve gathered so I will do the same next month with different sounds. I don’t give a shit if you’re still interested, I will still do it.

annnnnnnnnnyway…

ftw

music…

Sorry for the thing starting in the summer but realistically this is going to be going on for a year and a bag of chips. So it really doesn’t matter what time of year it is.

Haha, i didn’t mean it as critique, nothing to excuse, i was only concerned about the lack of enthusiasm for the compo would discourage you to continue, but it looks like there’s nothing to worry about. :slight_smile:

I have a small collection of cheramic monsters i made myself a long time ago, so i hope my collection will grow a little bit this next year. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll toss my hat into the ring. I just finished making a track today and I feel like making another! :smiley:

Hmmmm… :rolleyes:

Ok. Good stuff. Only two entries but I’m gonna keep this going. I’ll start a poll a little later today and the voting begins.

Cheers guys. Good luck with the things.

Thanks for submitting.

-Turnipseed

Okay guys. My mistake. I should have started this post as a poll in order to be able to create the poll later on. SOOO. I’m gonna create a second post in order to create the poll.

Tell all your friends about it.

I don’t get anything out of this.

But the winner gets a monster.

So vote away!