New Tool (3.0): Note transpose in specific scale

Transpose notes in a selection and force specified scale (or a custom one). You can also try to find to what scale and key selected notes belong to.

When Y is checked, only notes that match selected scale are transposed. When N i checked, only notes that do not match are transposed. When both are checked all notes are transposed.

If sequencer selection is checked, notes are transposed in multiple patterns selected in the sequencer.

The tool can be found in the right click menu of the pattern editor. There are also keyboard shortcuts available.

Thanks, cool stuff!

Is it possible for a future version to also have it work on multiple patterns at once? So > pattern selection?

Like for example in the progressor tool (http://www.renoise.com/tools/progressor ), you can set the beginning and end pattern number for the tool to do its magick on :slight_smile: . Saves having to run it on every pattern, when you want to hear how a transposition turns out over more than one pattern .

This sounds incredibly useful, thanks a lot, can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks, cool stuff!

Is it possible for a future version to also have it work on multiple patterns at once? So > pattern selection?

Like for example in the progressor tool (http://www.renoise.com/tools/progressor ), you can set the beginning and end pattern number for the tool to do its magick on :slight_smile: . Saves having to run it on every pattern, when you want to hear how a transposition turns out over more than one pattern .

I added sequencer selection.

Very useful thanks!

Been looking for something like this for a long time. But I can’t find the xrnx-file. Does anyone have this?

Here it is.

transposeScale.xrnx (5.5 KB)

Also, this is built into MW that uses more and better scale and key detection methods…

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm.

Opening the tool from the pattern menu more than once didn’t work for me. Now it should work.

transpose MW.xrnx (51.8 KB)

3 Likes

Brilliant.