05xx - Glide To Note With Step Xx (how Does This Work?)

Hi all,

Maybe a foolish question but I can’t get this one working. “05” is the fx command and “xx” being the amount applied? If this is correct, where do i place this in the timeline. I want to glide one note down into another as it is triggered but I can’t seem to figure this one out.

I have it written once (halfway between the first and second note). Nothing happens. Also I’ve tried writting it lots of times in the fx column and reduce each “xx” but again no response.

Can some1 explain how this is spose to be done?

p.s. I’ve sussed most of the other FX now but> 0fxy - Vibrato gives me no response either???

from my experience you need to use those 2 commands ‘continually’ for as long as you need/want.
e.g.

also, you can save time by using 0500 to inherit values from the last used command.
e.g.

check this example file i just made because i’m bored.

http://syf.dodgyrecordings.com/music/xrns/5xx_and_fxx.xrns

C-4 01 0000  
G-4 01 05xx  
G-4 01 05xx  
G-4 01 05xx  

the higher xx, the faster the glide

You don’t have to repeat the note though.

What’s the difference between this and 01xx/02xx. In the example given, I muted everything out except track 2 (the one using05xx) and it just sounds like it’s pitch bending.

the difference is that 05xx will stop gliding if it reaches the target note, while 01xx/02xx do not have a target note.

read more on tutorials. note that things have changed since Renoise 2.0 and 01xx, 02xx and 05xx are much easier to use.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. :)