1.5 Final Preview Demo Builds (inofficial)

Aehm, there is no ASIO support in the demo version. Are you sure that you have tested the correct binary?

Welcome to disaster. :D

“1. Bug with vb-ffx4 - not fixed.”
“If you mean that the 1.25 songs are not loaded correctly in 1.5: You have to point vb-ffx4 to the config file that it should use. Cannot remember exactly how ths file was called, but there is an option for this in the plugs editor.”

No I say vb-ffx4 VST/DX adapter VST plugin do not save internal settings with the song, or do not load it. In version 1.5 only. In present time this plugin work normal only in version 1.281.

“2. Bug with find the “chain” of sended channels - not fixed.”
“That would be a damn intelligent bug :) This was requested by many people. Its a feature.”

Not persuasively. :) Sorry but I think this is the bag in any event. I little know programming and know this can be fixed. And sorry again this is not feature this is only your laziness or antipathy to my bugreports…

“3. Bug with find and off not worked in present time VST dsp - not fixed.”
“Sorry, dont get it.”

Try to do more tests with VST dsp used in send channels. And primary with “chains” of send channel sended to send channels.

“4. Bug with Chainer VST plugin - not fixed.”
“Chainer and Renoise use conflicting Directdraw settings. This is known will and never work.”

Can you say something about why this plugin can work In version 1.2 and can’t work in all next versions? May be Directdraw settings is can be changed to less critical? What if will be more many other plugins wich have this bug too? Renoise will doesn’t support normal work with they too? BTW as i say before all other VST hosts which I test and which have complicated graphic gui too, can normal work with this plugin. What is especial in Renoise GUI?

“5. Bug with swap & slow speed of gui when many VST is loaded - not fixed.”
“Well, … one cannot have everything. Thats nothing we can take care of now.”

How much memory you used in your test computer? I think 2 or more Gb. Try to make tests with 512mb and load to Renoise 20-50 any average VSTi and VST dsp. And make song with 25 sample channels and 25 send channels and you can find this “everithing”. This is not complicated prublem, trust me.

After few more tests in 44kHz Directsound of both RC1 and FPdemo i found strange thing: some songs takes more CPU on older release and some less…
Anyway FPdemo feels pretty solid and reliable. And most VSTi based mods works a little faster in latest release.
Sorry for jumble, probably missed something in configs till 1st test.

i’m going to infer from your grammar that you are not a native speaker of english. i think calling the lead developer of a program we’re here to positively contribute to “lazy” is extremely rude. if it’s a translation error, then i’m sorry. otherwise i think you may need to go groundscore some pocket change and go buy yourself social skills.

i think it’s a real pitty that there are no regged 1.5 pre-finals available… working with renoise without ASIO is something which makes me go “brrrr”. ;)

so waiting for 1.5 final :)

me too, ;)

“to “lazy” is extremely rude”.

oops. :unsure: I don’t try be rude in this answer. May by it with little rebuke but not rude. Sorry for error translation, in my language this is not rude word.

From first 12 hours now working with the 1.5 FPD. It works really fine, havent hung once, very much unlike my Cubase SX.
Ive gone through 60 of my 90 VSTis and all maintains presets upon loading.
And I greatly welcome Virtual Guitarists ability to now load new presets during composing without having to unload/reload the plugin in between.
I have not even seen this issue in the bugforums, thx for fixing this! :D

To measure CPU load for songs is quite hard to do conclusively as its a greatly varying factor with external and interanal factors. However one track I made with a good amount of internal effects and 4 rgc:audio Zeta+ synths, all having long release times, managed to keep a pretty stable CPU load throughout the (looping) pattern.
In RC2 I brouht up the voiceload (with release-parameter) to 65% and it started to stutter at the latency set. 1.5 FPD was stable with the same module at 59% with same latency (and no stutter).

I have not found any problems so far.

Now after several days I can only say that Renoise is both efficient and stable as heck. I got RC2 to hang with some VSTs from time to time. That is fixed completely with this release.
It seems the bugs, if any being discussed impact a minority, although a very LOUD minority.
People complaining about speed should know that the following releases will be slower and use more memory, as new features are added. And really, its maybe not such a far stretch to assume that more “professional” computers are needed as composing gets more advanced.
Code optimizing by compiler is one thing, but detrementing rate of improvements to keep compatibility with a 5 years old computer is another.

Meanwhile all others are all drooling ourselfs senseless about the features discussed in the forums and in the poll.
I think this candidate is ready for release now, a stable platform has indeed been achieved with this.

i must say that this works very nice!
that screen lag problem thing (that was related to vstiautomate) i was having was indeed “fixed” in Keith303’s bug report thread
so now i have hardly any troubles with 1.5

but i needed to add this

this is a 512 pattern of the vstiautomate area.

to my knowledge. -other than this- ^, its perfect!

its not a bug of course, but a tremendous pain in the ass

Yeah, because this is stuff that one normally would do with pattern effects.
Graphical automations are cool for fast roughly made automation (IMHO, dont shoot me please). Even copy and pasting of selected parts of the automation wont help to solve this chaos.

Thanks for testing! Seems we finally have reached the end (ahm, well, official start) of Renoise 1.5.

last word! :ph34r:

Does this mean i can logon and download a fresh 1.5 final build?

Taktik: i only used this for the “Great example” it shows. :panic:
out of all the threads i posted this in NOT ONE person :eek: could or would offer any kind of applicable solution to using 512 patterns with automation. from which i have found no solution anywhere :yeah: . so i think i will have to find one of those magnify area programs. just to use automation area! :w00t:

btw, the little point cloud BUTTON made THAT! :yeah:

was the automation area created for non-precision? seems so, well at least the DEVELOPER implys so :drummer:

ps. i actually did make a thread for this, and this is also why i have been dropping it into every single possible revelant thread. :guitar:
but now that i know i have gotten your attention i will stop :dribble:

pss. try this: make a 512 pattern (use the default theme) press right click in the automation area and hold it, then move the cursor all over around untill you have the winter wonderland, now you can use that as the background for a south park style comic…cuz that is all you will be able to use it for! :w00t:

At Last !
Can’t wait to get it.

And after release we need a voting pool again, like ol’ good times
:yeah:

can’t wait also!!! It’s time for the final :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RC2 is totally stable for me

… all my 1.5 worries about bader support of VSTi’s
(in comparision to 1.281) are gone since Renoise left the beta state …

congratiulations for the final - dev-team!!! :yeah:

Oh, I dunno… ever seen Autechre’s automation curves? Crazy shiat.
I like the idea of having a ridiculous amount of control.

Edit (to save space): Link to some Autechre propaganda. Makes me wanna buy max/msp… if it wasn’t $500.

no. do you have a link to autechre’s automation curves?

everything runs good for me now too. just would be so nice to have undo for putting samples into the sample bank